Brembo

Clod_King

:
2011 Mazda 2 Yozora Edition
Has anybody tried these discs out yet? I need to do my brakes soonish, and wondered if anyone had out these brakes yet. Any information would be great, and which pads are being used by most people? I was looking at the Hawks, but I don't know which ones would be better for a DD.

http://www.autopartsway.ca/PartList...ums_and_Rotors/Disc_Brake_Rotor/pagenum1/tabS

That's the disc I'm talking about. But the company doesn't sell pads which a bit irritating... Why one and not the other??

As long as it's not made in China I'd trust it. I had them on my 1992 Sentra SE-R and they did the job. For performance pads I'd go Porterfield.

Actually, the Chinese seem to do cast iron really well. Remember, its not exactly 21st century technology.

John

Wouldn't be surprised if the stock rotors on my 2 were made in China, lol.

Porterfields, eh? I'll look into them. I'm just trying to find se products located in Canada so I don't have to pay the border fees and high shipping rates associated with ordering states side.... Although the States seems to have all the performance upgrades that I want.

True but Chinese quality control is poo poo.

Basically I would check your local parts store first and see if you can get good quality rotors for less.

Local parts store are crap around here. There's some decent ones in TO, but I prefer to get the brands/style of parts that I want and not have to bend to their inventory. But maybe I should shop around and make a few calls before rdering anything.

If he wants to go for the look though, it's his choice so he's more than welcome. If he's looking for straight performance, then yes, what you said is essentially true.

I have to disagree. I have the xact same setup, and I ahve to say that while I think the slotted rotors are a waste of cash, the Greenstuff pads have been amazing on my 2.. No complaints in more than 8 months of spirited daily driving.

I'd go with a set of Centric rotors, if they make them for the 2, which they should. I had them on my NA and they worked great. They're also powdercoated so they're rust resistant.

Goodwin racing sells the centric rotors for our cars. I was looking at them, but again states side. But I just looked at there stuff an they sell the porterfields, the rotors, and they are having a small sale on stainless steel braided lines for our cars as well... Uh oh... Hahaha, I think I may be spending more money than I expected too in the begining.

And I had EBC green stuff ony E30, and they were excellent, that's why I thought I'd go the EBC route. The looks are nice, but I'm a function over form kind of guy.

EBC pads are good for the streets, unless you are tracking the car, porterfield is the route to go, but for the street, EBC or even hawks hps is good. I find Hawks HP+ is good for autox on my other cars, but the dust....holy hell

I have always just used the cheapest rotors from a parts store I could find. Never had an issue. I also know a number of people who do the same for their racecar with no issues. It is cast iron. Definitely not rocket surgery. They are usually $20 each.

I am going to give Hawks a go for my car. We recently did a bunch of pad testing on a Sonic and HP-S's were better and more fade resistant than the EBC Green. The Greens on the Sonic were better than stock, but about the same feel and fade resistance as the Stock 2 brake pads. Then again I have been super happy with the stock pads on the 2 so I might just get a stock set of pads, with the cheapo rotors.

Brake dust is alright with me so long as it isn't really excessive. I don't want to have to wash wheels before I have to wash the car, you know what I mean?

Back