Brand New Welded Third Revision Diff

edit for price drop February 1, 2013 $450 shipped

I bought a diff back in September in preparation for a full on tranny build but never got around to doing it before my car was stolen. Now I have this just sitting around so my ultimate loss is your gain. Never been installed, only opened the packaging to see the beautiful welds and take pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Dont hesitate to offer up. I know it is the holidays. I am very open to offers, seeing as how I can no longer make use of it!

I very much need this...I'll contact you in the next few days if you still have it, need to go over some things as i've been in a buying spree for the last 2 months haha...

Also, does this include the speed ring gear? The little pink gear that is pressed on? I don't see it in the pictures, but not sure if its just in a bag off camera or something. No big deal, its cheap, just wanted to be sure...

No I actually never got around to getting it and next thing as the car was stolen so I had no need to get it then.

For the money, one could almost get an M-Factory Diff... Which is an automatic torque bias functioning LSD rather than a clutch pack.. (Literally better technology and indestructible)

You might need to reconsider your price.

Capture.jpg

You are indeed correct about this sir, but the m factory does not come with the additional hardware, and i am not sure if that is a shipped price either on the m factory. As i have stated before I am very open to offers, and will consider most, just really dont want to deal with the major low ballers.

I very much need this...I'll contact you in the next few days if you still have it, need to go over some things as i've been in a buying spree for the last 2 months haha...

Also, does this include the speed ring gear? The little pink gear that is pressed on? I don't see it in the pictures, but not sure if its just in a bag off camera or something. No big deal, its cheap, just wanted to be sure...

Doesnt your car have ABS?

Agreed, Unless it is an MP3 or a base model Protege 3rd Gen, the Pink Gear will not be required.

ABS = SPEED SENSOR

The Trans would have a plastic cap that covers the old hole.

nope, no ABS...US 2002 P5's only had ABS with the air bag package thing. I can't remember what all that included, but it had side curtain air bags, CD changer, moon-roof, etc...I think in 2003 the same package also had leather.

My '02 has none of that. So yeah, i need that ring for an LSD...sucks...i'm assuming the option packages are different in Canada?

Last edited:
That is Messed up.. I got my P5 in 2002, The only options were, AC Yes or No, Sunroof Yes or No, Manual or Automatic.

Yeah, crap marketing stuff. We had to get all that stuff in one package from what i remember, although certain things (like the stereo upgrades) could be purchased separately...

sorry for the off-topic...

That is Messed up.. I got my P5 in 2002, The only options were, AC Yes or No, Sunroof Yes or No, Manual or Automatic.

Exactly. Those three things were all you could pick.

If you're adding that gear you will need to have the "snout" of the LSD machined down to accept the gear. It will not just "pop on" to the diff as it sits.

Exactly. Those three things were all you could pick.

If you're adding that gear you will need to have the "snout" of the LSD machined down to accept the gear. It will not just "pop on" to the diff as it sits.

Oh, thats awesome...

wait though, do MSP's have ABS? I thought MP3's and MSP's both lacked cruise control and ABS...and if a MSP lacked ABS, why the hell does the LSD from it need extra work to get the gear on there? EDIT: nvm...MSP's have both, MP3's do not...

I've seen some threads on LSD installations...and i knew the speedo ring needed to be installed with a proper bearing press...but they never mentioned anything about additional machining...

either way...looks like i'll be one wheeling it for another couple of years...With NA torque, and not tracking the car...i'm not terribly worried about it, as i rarely drive overly aggressive...but with a built engine this spring, its something i'd like to address...

Last edited:
Back