Brand New CX-5 Dash Rattling....booo

I noticed the same problem as well, only on cold mornings. At least now its not an isolated event and Mazda can come up with a fix

Please let us know what they say is the problem.

They don't know what is causing the rattle. When I took it in it was warm so when the technician came out for a ride with me it hardly made a sound. I mentioned the fix re: tightening s few bolts

Just had my first oil change at 5000 miles at a local Mazda dealership past weekend and brought up the TSB issue Ref. # R017/12C regarding rattle on center dash when car is cold.
They claimed that they had tightened all the screws for the cowl as per the instructions on the PDF. However, I can still hear the rattle noise this morning. It was 31 degrees Fahrenheit outside according to the odometer.
I am thinking about going back again this coming weekend for a follow up repair... :-(

Update:
When I brought the car in, the engine/dash was still warm and they were unable to diagnose the root cause of the rattle.
The dealership suggested leaving the car overnight so that they could replicate the reported behavior the next morning when the engine is cold. Also, the service adviser told me that this would be at least a 4-hour-labor-intensive job and it's highly recommended bringing the CX-5 in on a weekday when they are fully staffed.
That said, I will have to reschedule the appointment some time during the week.

4-hour labor intensive for a rattle around a speaker???? wtf (upbum)
I don't think it has anything to do with the center speaker as there isn't one comes with the Sport trim. The rattle starts as soon as the first gear is engaged. It's just more noticeable in the center dash area. The rattle only lasted 5 minutes this morning because it was warmer outside. (53 degrees F)
Maybe I should just ride it out until the cold weather is gone.

I am tied up with projects this past week... I should have some free time next week to schedule a day off for the second repair attempt.

I can chime in and say that I'm having the same problem. It started around 3500 miles, and it happens over bumpy roads and sometimes when it is cold. The rattle sounds like it's coming from between the instrument cluster and the center speaker. I have the sport trim, so it's not the speaker itself because there is no center speaker. It sounds more like a loose or unpadded wiring harness. I'm wondering if it is accessible by removing the center speaker grill.

that's what my rattle sounded like and I was surprised but when I did the TSB of tightening the bolts under the cowl the rattle went away.

that's what my rattle sounded like and I was surprised but when I did the TSB of tightening the bolts under the cowl the rattle went away.

any link to the TSB?
I have the rattle in the passenger A frame and a "plasticy" rattle in the front dash.
the dash rattle is only when cold. the Aframe rattle is all the time.

thx

Same here, "squeaky" plastic rattle from the lower center part of the dashboard when the car is cold. If I press lightly on the vertical aluminium accented slats then it goes away momentarily.

Can't imagine the dealership being able to do much about it though.

After 4000 miles no rattles or squeaks, feels solid like the entire car was carved from billet.

Brought my cx5 in for the dash noises today and showed the guy at service dept the TSB found here and the guy did the followings

Verified concern found TSB for concern TSB 09-009/12
Tightened low cowl panel 10 bolts to 22lbs and 2 mounting tabs on the cowl side. Reinforcement panel.
Roadtested vehicle all ok at this time.

My cx5 is now once again silence as a mice. (burnout) Thanks again for the TSB

Brought my cx5 in for the dash noises today and showed the guy at service dept the TSB found here and the guy did the followings

Verified concern found TSB for concern TSB 09-009/12
Tightened low cowl panel 10 bolts to 22lbs and 2 mounting tabs on the cowl side. Reinforcement panel.
Roadtested vehicle all ok at this time.

My cx5 is now once again silence as a mice. (burnout) Thanks again for the TSB

Mine has been plagued with rattles and that TSB you listed for the cowl bolts did fix one of them. Still I have about three new rattles and its disappointing because I know if I go through the trouble of bringing it in again the technicians just dont want to deal with these and will just write that he can't verify the complaint on the slip. Rattles and squeaks are the worst to get fixed.

Mine has been plagued with rattles and that TSB you listed for the cowl bolts did fix one of them. Still I have about three new rattles and its disappointing because I know if I go through the trouble of bringing it in again the technicians just dont want to deal with these and will just write that he can't verify the complaint on the slip. Rattles and squeaks are the worst to get fixed.

Just brought my cx-5 in for the rattle. They did the TSM which didnt fix anything. They spoke with Mazda techs and they are now going to remove the windshield to add foam padding.

Bought the car 2 weeks ago, noticed a few days back that a rattle was emanating from the left corner of the dash where that speaker is (or could be in my case...). Pressing down on the grill stopped it, I think the solution is to put some nice speakers in there ;)

Thanks I printed this out, but I think it might be best to have the dealership handle this if my solution (a nice pair.... of speakers) doesn't solve it, my thinking that I can address the grill rattle with some foam tape or some such.

Back