Brake LIght?

dj5tyle5

why the hell does my brake light come one when i brake hard? Am i just stupid and need to put fluid or change pads or something? Should I take it to the dealer?

it serves as a warning light as well, something is wrong with your brakes ie: you need more fluid or your pads are worn, etc

dj5tyle5, the link in your sig is pointing to a 10-month old thread with ebay links :wtf:

I agree.... DEFINITELY the fluid level. Add some more and you'll be fine.

Yeah it was the fluid! The light would come on when I hit the brakes "hard." Hopefully its not anything else, but the light doesn't come one anymore. BTW I just got some new tires. They are Yokohoma es100s or something like that. Size 205/45. Are they any good? The guy at Americas Tire Company said they were pretty good.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem. I was also thinkin fluid but I figured before I go outside I'll do a search to see if anyone else was having this problem. Thanx peeps.

Groza187 said:
I am having the same problem. I was also thinkin fluid but I figured before I go outside I'll do a search to see if anyone else was having this problem. Thanx peeps.
definitely brake fluid

I was having this same problem and I had the dealer top off the fluid and it hasn't happened since

Togan said:
ur brake shoes have worn out, need to replace them
not sure who you are talking to, but my brake pads are fine

low brake fluid was the problem

and I doubt he has drum brakes if he's driving a 5

Back