Brake light on

NEWBMAZDA

:
MAZDASPEED PROTEGE
So every morning when i drive to work and step on the brake, the brake light turns on. It goes away after a minute and comes back each time a press on the brake. After a while it stays on for about an hour or so but i dont feel anything weird with the car. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP ME A LOT AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP! :):)

check your brake fluid level. I'm guessing when you press the brake the fluid empties the reservior enough to trigger the light due to low fluid level.

Which could possibly mean that your pads are worn and reaching the end of their useful life.

^ what they said.

there are four reasons why you brake light would come on:
(1) Parking Brake active
(2) Parking switch defective
(3) Brake fluid low or leaking
(4) Brake pads worn down to cause fluid level to drop

check the fluid level. if its low, check your pads. if the pads are fine, check the brake components for ANY signs of leakage.

i have the same problem but mine doesn't stay on for hours, turns off right after i start going again. But I just replaced my pads/rotors about 3 weeks ago.. what would my problem be then?

Definitely not fluid either.. drained it when i replaced the brakes and refilled it. I'm gonna go with the sensor.. gonna try tightening up the screw holding it into place a little later. Will follow with details. ha

My rear brackes got worn down untill the light came on and I replaced them. After that the ABS and brake light both would turn on and of at random times. Now they are on all the time. I have yet to figure it out. I was told by someone that some ABS brakes have a sensor that can read on all the time because of an excess of brake dust on them.

Light on

My car is doing the exact same thing and brakes are good and reservoir is full... how do i check the park/brake switch if it is that

Unhook it. The cover over the ebrake handle pops out from the top then pull it up as there is to plastic pieces that go into holes. It's pretty simple. You can then get to the wire and either unplug it or just snip it

My rear brackes got worn down untill the light came on and I replaced them. After that the ABS and brake light both would turn on and of at random times. Now they are on all the time. I have yet to figure it out. I was told by someone that some ABS brakes have a sensor that can read on all the time because of an excess of brake dust on them.

I have this problem as well, could be what he said or a faulty abs sensor

Yep, parking switch should do the trick.. Well at least for me on the ebrake light. I still have the abs on for over a year with no luck finding the abs sensor (used).

Brake light can go one if ur wheelspeed sensor is broken. Also could be a slow leak. My brake was coming on every week or so and ever since i topped it up its never went on again.

Back