Brake issues

rotryguy

:
1985 mazda rx7
Just did all 4 brakes on my 03 p5 auto and now my ebrake doesn't function properly. I did retract the piston using the allen screw under the 14mm bolt. When i have my foot on the brake and i pull the ebrake i feel pressure apply opposite against my foot. Any help woul be greatly appreciated.

I did not adjust them i thought with pressure from my foot they woul go back in as the front pistons do. I had a friend say that i could have air in the system because the little allen screw thing fell out when i hung the caliper from the shock assy.

^yea you need to turn the allen screw till they hit then back it off a bit.

RearBrakes_zps96650f9c.jpg

I actually turn my adjustment screw back about 2/3 or 3/4 of a turn to keep the pads from dragging.

yes make it lock with the allen key and then do a 1/4 turn back. air wont be introduced into the system if the screw comes out.

I did not adjust them i thought with pressure from my foot they would go back in as the front pistons do. I had a friend say that i could have air in the system because the little allen screw thing fell out when i hung the caliper from the shock assy.

That little screw is just supposed to spin in place,... If it fell out, you may have some caliper issues. (ie,.. the self-adjusters may not be working)

rearbrake_zps4d499c7c.jpg

Back