bov help

silvermsp88

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
can i put a bov in place of my bpv?

please post the right way how to set up a bov. PICTURES PLZ.

Last edited:
not unless you want to stall. with the stock setup it needs to be a recirculating system.

Here's mine, look to the right.
Have not had any issues.
Only pic I could find.

IMG_20110307_110606.jpg

i guess im just going to have to wait til i get my bov bpv and hard pipes in to see what im gonna have to do.

you can run a full BOV as long as you follow the setup above. you have to relocate the MAF to closer to the TB and the BOV should be on the cold pipe before the MAF. Done that way it does not need to be recirculated.

I have ran a bov without being relocated and it totalled sucked on my car. However, I upgraded my bpv to a forge motorsports and its just as loud as a bov under boost. Plus I have no drivability issues.

you can run a full BOV as long as you follow the setup above. you have to relocate the MAF to closer to the TB and the BOV should be on the cold pipe before the MAF. Done that way it does not need to be recirculated.

Can you still recirculate when relocating the MAF?

I guess....but why would you want to? Kinda defeats the purpose or relocating the MAF.

You have to recirculate with the stock setup because the MAF sees the air coming in before it reaches the BPV. If you vented that air then the ECU would be adding fuel for air that isnt there so you would stall.

Relocating the MAF allows you to place the BOV before the MAF so air is vented before it reaches the MAF so the correct reading is seen and the car wont stall.

Can you still recirculate when relocating the MAF?

I have prettyt much the same setup as runaroundnekid beside how the piping is routed. how many people still have the turkey running the bov alone?

Last edited:
I have ran a bov without being relocated and it totalled sucked on my car. However, I upgraded my bpv to a forge motorsports and its just as loud as a bov under boost. Plus I have no drivability issues.

good cause bi just bought one waiting for it to arrive

I guess....but why would you want to? Kinda defeats the purpose or relocating the MAF.

You have to recirculate with the stock setup because the MAF sees the air coming in before it reaches the BPV. If you vented that air then the ECU would be adding fuel for air that isnt there so you would stall.

Relocating the MAF allows you to place the BOV before the MAF so air is vented before it reaches the MAF so the correct reading is seen and the car wont stall.

it all makes sense now lol

Back