bov help

From what I've seen most Greddy or HKS BOVs being run still get some comressor surge. I just installed a TurboXS Type-H and I get no surge. Just a nice BOV sound.

Here's a pic and you can see the BOV and MAF location.

yea i know its not a joke i just dont wana hack up piping i just got for nothing ya know. i didnt have much of a choice with the pipes i got from tzarr177. ive been reading and everyones got the hks and i hear the greddys spring is too stiff or something? and is there a how to section on how to go about doing the MAF relocate? or does it just gotta be between the bov and TB?

2011-08-30_07-51-15_930.jpg

PIC of old BOV set up(for MAF/BOV location reference)

2011-07-24_12-16-14_240.jpg

Im running Greddy Type RZ. No turkey running dual setup. Just switched over to a FMIC, so im trying to decide if I wanna recirc my Greddy or relocate and vent

ok cool thanks. so does the MAF gotta be a certain distance away fro the TB or BOV? im gonna re circulate the greddy for now but i might relocate using the kit they sell and vent. and if the springs too stiff cant ya just take one of the 2 springs out and go with that?

Yeah you can remove the springs to adjust it, but you may not have to. The MAF should be at least 6" before the throttle body and the BOV ideally should be about 12" before the MAF to reduce any turbulence in the air but as you can see with Evil's setup it can be directly in front of it. Check out the DIY EBAY FMIC thread in the how-to section for TONS of pics and all the information you are looking for.

ok cool i might need to do this for sure then. oh and does it matter if the cars ECUs been flashed or not or does that not really matter? cause mines been flashed

ok good. im gonna find a way to relocate it then and have it be cleanly done. sounds like a freakin nightmare. thanks for the help

Back