Boost Gauge Question

2ManyCars

:
2008 MS3 GT (SOLD)
I've been reading the various posts on boost gauges and have a (possibly stupid) question. I've seen references to many mfgs including Defi, prosport, autometer, etc. I am stumped as to why the Prosport gauges are so much less expensive (like $65 vs $130). Are these gauges just a great deal or are they lower quality? They seem to come closest to the look of the stock gauges.

Appreciate the help.

some people like htem, some dont.
Also, some businesses like Defi are just known to be expensive.
I know that you can get some autometers for the same price as the prosports, but the prosports definitely look better

I have the $54 52mm prosport electric boost gauge and it works fine....reads correctly and looks nice.

Nothing wrong with going to autozone for a gauge. They all get the job done. No point in spending a lot of money for something with no added effect on performance.

i got prosport premium because of the lights and eye candy. i like those kind of things....and it reads fine..good quality for the price

I got the Prosport Premium for 50 shipped. Now I just need to figure out how to hook it up.

Gauge

I got the ProSport Mechanical boost gauge for $35 plus $10 for the pod from the ProSport web site. It's accurate pretty damn accurate.
picsforpoop120.jpg

picsforpoop118.jpg

35 may sound cheap for a gauge but as long as it works I'm ok.

I ordered the Prosport gauge this morning. I made the decision after posing some questions and getting answers via email in about 5 minutes! Great customer service!

One thing you may want to consider if you are going to run your gauge like this, is to run techflex wire cover instead of plastic split-loom. It would look very pro, and clean up that crazy look you've got going on right now. Plus I think you'd be able to run all lines in one single cover.

I got the ProSport Mechanical boost gauge for $35 plus $10 for the pod from the ProSport web site. It's accurate pretty damn accurate.
picsforpoop120.jpg

picsforpoop118.jpg

35 may sound cheap for a gauge but as long as it works I'm ok.

Back