BOOST GAUGE Installed and VIDEO

cdesigns

:
Mazda CX-7
Guys I didn't know how low was the 1st and 2nd gear boost, I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I "SEMI" installed my Electric Boost Gauge to test the boost on the CX-7

WELL

Average 1st and 2nd gear is: 6-8 psi
Average 3rd and 4th gear is: 14-17psi (17psi are spikes)

I'm going to tested later on the highway.

on the video I took off holding the brake at 2,000rpms that's why you hear the chirp of the tires.

I WANT 15psi ALL THE TIME

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO http://media.putfile.com/CX-7-Boost-gauge

The CP-E Standback should help a bit but the drop in the upper end could be our dinky turbo running out of breath.

i never really like the electric ones, the best guages show vacumm and boost.

I have a 2-5/8 Autometer with vacum and boost from my older car, I installed this electric one because is faster instalation, but it's good. my cousin haves an SRT-4 and he haves right now both installed Stock and this electric and they show the same psi at the same time, mine was kinda jumping because my ground wire was loose. But I'm going to sell it and put the autometer wich is bigger. I also have the FAZE electric fuel gauge :( but I can't used it.

Guys I didn't know how low was the 1st and 2nd gear boost, I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

I "SEMI" installed my Electric Boost Gauge to test the boost on the CX-7

WELL

Average 1st and 2nd gear is: 6-8 psi
Average 3rd and 4th gear is: 14-17psi (17psi are spikes)

I'm going to tested later on the highway.

on the video I took off holding the brake at 2,000rpms that's why you hear the chirp of the tires.

I WANT 15psi ALL THE TIME

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO http://media.putfile.com/CX-7-Boost-gauge

I can vouch for the numbers that you are seeing. Before I reach third gear, I can't get above 8 psi either (prosport electric boost/vac gauge). Highest I've ever peaked (that I've noticed) is about 15psi...

Would something like the CPE standback cause the engine to hold full boost at lower gears? If so, I would imagine that would help our 0-60 times tremendously.

I j=have seen the boost gauge all this days and IT SUCKS, on the highway if I wanna pass a car I push the pedal all the way and only 3 of 10 times reach 15psi other than that is 9-10psi on third 4th and 5ft gears.

To get the only few seconds of 15psi on third gear you have to WOT from a stop. but while cruising it maintains the same 9-10psi in all gears.

and the TCS is pissing me off, today was raining I took off from a red light and it was good until the tires spinned, the boost went to 0 and the power was gone, it really sucks.

I don't see why it wouldn't work for the CX-7, unless it is limiting the boost electronically in some way different than the MS3, which I guess is possible.

If we were to just set it at 16psi just to get full boost in all gears, I doubt we would even need the fuel cut defender. This may be worth a try if anyone has a boost controller laying around? ;)

I need to go get a boost gauge....

It's still going to limit boost in 1st and 2nd. If you notice the numbers in his post it's lower in the 1st two gears and then when the boost limiting function of the ECU is done it goes up to where he has his MBC set to.

So in other words, you'd need to set the 3rd gear boost level over the stock 15.6psi to see any gains in the 1st two gears. Not exactly the best solution given our small turbo.

I installed a TurboFX MBC and a boost gauge on my '07 and it works great. I hooked it up a bit different though. I still use the stock boost controller, but I installed the MBC between the stock boost controller and the wastegate. I'm getting 16 psi in first and second and 18 psi after that. I noticed that the highest psi you can set it to is 18, if you go to 20 or more, the fuel cut of will kick in at high rpm's.

Other then that you have to do this to your CX-7. Cost about $100 to do and the mid and high end HP and TQ is sweet. Pulls like a mother.....that is until my TMIC gets heat soaked.... :-(

PS: What also surprised me is that it holds the boost until it shifts....no spike and then a drop.... 18 psi all the way :)

Last edited:
Back