How To: MBC and ATP FCD

laloosh

Banned
I did this last night and the gains are AMAZING. IM running 19-20psi in the top gears. 1st gear is hitting 15 psi, 2nd is hitting 17-18, 3rd is hitting 19 and the rest are hitting 19-20psi. 1st gear is pretty much just tire smoke, if you want you can power through 2nd and kiss it good bye, hold your breath in 3rd cause thats when the pull really begins. I monitored my a/f ratios with an aem wideband and they're are dipping into the 10.5 uptop so no harm what so ever.

As for the install you will need the following.
1/4 inch vacum line about 4 feet.
Vacum caps from your local autozone, i bought the value pack with differnt sizes for 6 bucks
ATP Fuel cut defender: 75 bucks
Turbosmart boost controller: 60 bucks (you can pick you own obviously)

The atp install is straight forward but very tight to get too, it comes with instruction so just follow them. Here is what it looks like installed.
DSC00465.jpg

Notice the brass color nipple, thats where the pressure is bled off after 15.6 psi.

Now for the mbc install. I hope you have small hands and ALOT of time cause you will be cursing, climbing up and down you car and bleeding. lol
First remove the ic and battery/battery box. (if you dont know how to do this, send whatever you bought back cause your nto ready to to mess with this)
DSC00474.jpg

Once thats all said and done, locate the wastegate, it will have a hose on the bottom and on top.
DSC00468.jpg

The top thinner hose, remove, follow it and remove it from the selonoid it attaches too. Cap both of these.
DSC00471.jpg

here you can see the cap on the selanoid.
The bottom thicker hose, remove, its only about 2 inches long, follow it to the compressor housing on the turbo, you cant see the nipple, but remove it. Cut the Vacum line you bought in half, attach one half to the compressor housing let the other half dangle. Attached the 2 piece (of the line you cut in half) to the bottom of the waste gate and let it hang. IT should look like this
DSC00476.jpg

Read the instruction on your MBC, connect to two to the proper sides, one is from the mbc to the wastegate and one is from the compressor to the mbc. Dont reverse these line or else your screwed. Put it all back together and take it for a spin, SLOWLY getting ont he gas to see where your boost stops. Once you figure that out, turn it up and down. I suggest doing it in 4th gear. Happy motoring. This is by far the biggest gain i have felt on this car.

good write up. im sure this will help alot of people out. i bet it rips. ill be doing this monday and dynoing the same night.

so what's the purpose of fuel cut defender? wouldnt the ecu learn that there is too much boost and cut the fuel? so is that what the fcd for? would this combination totally stop the ecu from putting everything back to stock? How much power does it add to the car? Seems like a cheap mod

the boost cut defender fools the ecu. Its basically a valve on the MAP sensore that bleeds off anything after 15.6 psi, even though pressure in the system is set to whatever you like. ITs a cheap mod and it works, your looking at atleast 30whp if you turn it up to 18psi

Where do we get the parts?

ATP Fuel cut defender

Where can I find this? I did a search and came up with other brands that don't look the same.

Sooo... I got the vac caps from pepboys but for vac hose.. they had 1/4'' fuel line vac hose. rubberized probally a millimeter or two thick (dunno, pretty thick) but they didnt have any more than a foot of it.

But is vac hose, vac hose.. i mean if it is a "fuel vac hose" it should be able to hold anything else just as well? And do i need any clamps for these or anything as well?

Hey Laloosh I just installed my forge mbc and atp fcd.Im trying to adjust the psi today.Right now Its spiking to about 20-21psi for about 2 secs then it drops down to about 17-18.Does yours spike that much and hold it for a few secs then drops to the setting you want it at or does it just spike for 1 sec or less?

Thanks,Shark

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKK! how do i even get to the map sensor? it is behind like 4 thick ass wires and burried. WTFFFFFFf.. this is the EASY PART! I cant even reach it. i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed off right now i am ready to throw the POS in the woods. damnit this is retarded.

lmao. its a pita, you gotta undo the clips and move the wires out of the way. Then dislocate your wrist to unscrew the map. When ure done dont forget to snap your wrist back into place(humpleg)

$200 to anyone who wants to come to RI and install this and a boost guage..unfortunitally i cant drive to anyones house outside of RI to get the job done because the car gets too damn hot to even touch. i am soo pissed, i just wanted this f-ing thing to work. i found everything for the boost controller, but there is noo damn way my hands are going to be able to reach the wastegate without dropping the engine. (gun) (gun) (gun)

i dont remember the last time i have been this mad. i am PISSED.

Last edited:
If you lived by me I would come help you out but ya I have a cut on my hand from that damn bcd.Its not much fun to get to and the wastegate isnt any better.I found it a bit easier to do the bottom hoses of the WG from under the car and the top vac line you can get from the top.I didnt remove my battery box or IC to install it all,just the IC cover.

mm.. im going to try again friday.. definitally going to have trouble reaching the bottom of the wastegate, but it sucks that it is THAT difficult to hookup in this car. other cars this is like a 40 minute mod, the first time around.(boom07)

Back