Boost controller and mods

Ant

you must have a very understanding girlfriend as you are suposed to be on holiday,, looks like yours is with the Cosmo,, the other woman (headbang)
glad you have sorted it though one less job,, you can tick that off the list,, any joy with the coilovers?

The GF races rally cars, she understands very well :)

No joy with the coil-overs yet no. One place said they would need to take a look as they don't recognise them from pics I sent. Not had time to swing over and drop them off and fly out tomorrow.

I finally acquired an i-Color and pressure/temp sensors for oil and water. As I am running non-sequential would I be correct in thinking that hooking up the solenoid box is pretty straight forward:-

1) IN goes to pressure side of turbo or manifold nipple
2) OUT goes to the wastegate control and plug the other side. This would be the vacuum line the factory wastegate solenoid is plumbed to.

As the pre-spool and turbo actuators are no longer functioning all I to control is the wastegate via the i-Color right? Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Ant

It shouldn't matter that it is non-sequential. You will need to split the "out" line to both wastegates. Ignore the big wastegate looking thing as that is responsible for controlling the flapper door.

If you get underneath the car, you should see something like this...

cosmoturbos.png

Run your out line to the two wastegates and ignore the PCA.

Thanks Berty :) Isn't the 2nd WG the pre-control? On non-sequential this would fully open and no longer utilised.

I have the Japanese workshop manual coming, but in the meantime anyone have the diagrams for the 20B turbo pack I can study?

Thanks

Ant

Berty (or anyone else) any feedback on this for non-sequential? My thinking (and how I currently believe she is set up) goes like this:-

1) The turbo control door is currently wired open sending positive pressure to both turbos
2) Charge control valve is open, charge relief valve is shut (i.e. allow secondary turbo to contribute as the primary would be)
3) Pre-control door is redundant with the turbo control door open so fix it open too
4) Only the wastegate now needs to be controlled (Blitz i-color to do this)

I could be wrong or over simplifying this but I cant comprehend why I need to managed the pre-control if it is no longer doing anything for me. Surely I only need to control the wastegate?

Thanks

Ant

Berty (or anyone else) any feedback on this for non-sequential? My thinking (and how I currently believe she is set up) goes like this:-

1) The turbo control door is currently wired open sending positive pressure to both turbos
2) Charge control valve is open, charge relief valve is shut (i.e. allow secondary turbo to contribute as the primary would be)
3) Pre-control door is redundant with the turbo control door open so fix it open too
4) Only the wastegate now needs to be controlled (Blitz i-color to do this)

I could be wrong or over simplifying this but I cant comprehend why I need to managed the pre-control if it is no longer doing anything for me. Surely I only need to control the wastegate?

Thanks

Ant

When I get home from work, I'll take a photo of the twins to show the wastegates and how they are configured. :)

Hmmm, just went to take some pictures and it looks like I removed the wastegates so that doesn't help - sorry db2boy.

Thanks for trying Berty :)

Unless the manifold works differently to an FD one I cannot understand why I need the pre-control, or why I would want the solenoid from a boost controller activating it. (eek2) For non-sequential I want the pre-control constantly open (boost to both turbos all the time) and the boost controller operating only the wastegate- at least for an FD.

Is the 20B exhaust manifold different? :)

Thanks

Ant

Back