Bolt Up Replacement Turbocharger Upgrade

It is a complete CHRA replacement. The housings are machined out to fit the CHRA. 100% bolt up no fabrication required...

Thanks it wasn't clear to me before.

So the Stage 2 is just about equivalent to a GT28 disco potato turbo? That's a nice turbo...

Then what is stage 1 equiv to? A gt25?

I'd be interested in the stage 2 but I don't currently have a shop that could custom make the inlet pipe and fmic pipe. I'd have to change the downpipe as well? Seems like a lot of extra expense at the end of the day.

How much better is the stage 2 vs the stage 1?

Sorry to badger you. I'm very interested.

^^
If I can add more questions to the above post. You will need to get the stage 1 or 2 turbo tuned to maximise it's perfomance or can you just run it with say a cobb stage 2 map?

Thanks it wasn't clear to me before.

So the Stage 2 is just about equivalent to a GT28 disco potato turbo? That's a nice turbo...

Then what is stage 1 equiv to? A gt25?

I'd be interested in the stage 2 but I don't currently have a shop that could custom make the inlet pipe and fmic pipe. I'd have to change the downpipe as well? Seems like a lot of extra expense at the end of the day.

How much better is the stage 2 vs the stage 1?

Sorry to badger you. I'm very interested.

The stage 2 is the same CHRA as the stage 1 (both are GT28 Disco Potatoe). I was going to use my custom GT28X compressor for the stage 2 but availability of the wheel was going to be hard to maintain. So I am staying with the Disco for both turbos. The gain from 1-2 is in the compressor housing volute. Thats the passage inside the comrpessor housing. When you make that larger, there is more area for more volume to compress. It helps spool and gains power at the same time.

It is confirmed that a 2 year warranty is optional! (attn)

The stage 2 is the same CHRA as the stage 1 (both are GT28 Disco Potatoe). I was going to use my custom GT28X compressor for the stage 2 but availability of the wheel was going to be hard to maintain. So I am staying with the Disco for both turbos. The gain from 1-2 is in the compressor housing volute. Thats the passage inside the comrpessor housing. When you make that larger, there is more area for more volume to compress. It helps spool and gains power at the same time.

It is confirmed that a 2 year warranty is optional! (attn)

Thanks Bryan. That makes it clear the stage 1 will have a nice chra that is bottlenecked by the housing. Will that lead to reliability issues or heat build up? Will spool be "bad" in that configuration or still reasonable?

I'm very interested to see how that works out. In the smaller housing I'm concerned that the stage 1 will favor early onset of torque, which is already a problem with this engine. Too much torque too soon.

Do you need a guniea pig? :D

yeah thats me. I am working on a new site now. BNRsupercars.com. It won't be uploaded till the site is complete.

Stage 1 will be fine. It will not hurt the turbo with the stock housing. Just won't flow as much volume as the bigger compressor housing which is good for 300-320 WHP with reliability in mind. The stage 1 is for people that want to keep warranty by looking stock and being 100% bolt up. :D.

Last edited:
Thanks Bryan. That makes it clear the stage 1 will have a nice chra that is bottlenecked by the housing. Will that lead to reliability issues or heat build up? Will spool be "bad" in that configuration or still reasonable?

I'm very interested to see how that works out. In the smaller housing I'm concerned that the stage 1 will favor early onset of torque, which is already a problem with this engine. Too much torque too soon.

Do you need a guniea pig? :D

I'll take a piggie, but the product will work and I am 100% confident that it will be a solid and reliable product. Spool will be great. You can just get out so much volume from the stock housing. The idea with the stock housing was to make a replacement for the K04. Time to get rid of the problems.

Well there are a few people running around now with their turbos. Updates, install pictures and information are on the other ms clubs.

Well there are a few people running around now with their turbos. Updates, install pictures and information are on the other ms clubs.

i would like to see that information posted over here bryan, could u copy and paste it, if not send me the link of where this information is located.

go to mazda 6 c l u b. com and its in the Speed 6 category with the title Mazdaspeed 3/6 Ko4 Hybrid turbocharger 330 WHP!!!

i love how they dont even let you link to other sites, what a damn joke. mods need to stop being so up tight around here. /rant back to topic

i love how they dont even let you link to other sites, what a damn joke. mods need to stop being so up tight around here. /rant back to topic

im starting to get annoyed with it as well. i know why they dont.. but i agree its time to let it go!!!! its the internet, and its practically posted right above me anyways..everyone knows what that site is and most people are members on all 3 sites... the fued was 2 years ago.. end (rant).. well back to topic..ive had a chance to read everything over there and im pretty impressed, and may consider going this route if it wasent so expensive..i think that if the price came down a good 250-350 dollars.. it would become more competitve with other companies and ud see more business.

Back