bogging after CAI filter cleaning

VermZ06

:
Silver Bullet '07 MS3
Hello again,
I was cleaning my filter from my MSCAI the first time yesterday. Followed the instructions on the cleaning solutions bottles that came with the intake. I let the filter dry for a few hours in the sun and then put the filter back on the intake. When I started the car it immediately stalled out. I did this again a few more times and the same thing happened. After the 3rd start up it finally took and settled to its usual rpm. I let it run for about 5 minutes and took it for a spin to make sure all was okay, but when i really got on the car it started to bog pretty bad once i hit boost. I kept easy on it for a few miles and then seemed to stop. Do you guys think the filter was still too wet when i put it back on?? It was really strange but i guess next time i'll have to let the filter dry a lot longer.

you should really let it fully dry, check your maf for any moister or other contaminates.

I used an air compressor and a rag on the inside of the filter. I shot air from outside to inside and the rag soaked up the water then I let it sit in the sun.

Car seems to be running fine now. The moisture probably tripped a sensor and sucked up a few drops of water. Thanks for the info!

Car seems to be running fine now. The moisture probably tripped a sensor and sucked up a few drops of water. Thanks for the info!

How filthy was it? Could the difference in airflow after cleaning have been enough that the computer needed a few miles to adjust?

How filthy was it? Could the difference in airflow after cleaning have been enough that the computer needed a few miles to adjust?

I put the intake on last August and probably put about 11,000 miles since. This is its first cleaning and the filter didn't really look that dirty, but once I put it in the cleaning solution the bucket water was pretty much black...i really didn't expect that much to come off of it. I never would have thought of the ECU adjusting, but that sounds very likey as i didn't get any CEL or any issues after about 10 miles of driving. There was still some VERY noticable bogging but like I said after about 10 miles no probems at all.

It is not the ecu adjusting it was more than likely water on your maf. your car should not bog while the ecu adjusts or your car would have bogged when you went from the stock airbox to the cai.

It is not the ecu adjusting it was more than likely water on your maf. your car should not bog while the ecu adjusts or your car would have bogged when you went from the stock airbox to the cai.

Regardless I'm going to make sure the filter is bone dry next time I do this...it was almost like when I hit boost i was hitting fuel cut but at a much lower rpm if that helps at all.

Get some specific MAS-MAF sensor spray and clean mass air sensor always do this when cleaning CAI

Get some specific(idhitit) MAS-MAF sensor spray and clean mass air sensor always do this when cleaning CAI

Back