Bluetooth: switching between different users' phones

lindsay

:
CX-5 wagon 2018
Two of us use the car, often solo, and each has an iPhone paired.

When Driver 2 starts car after Driver 1 last drove it, Bluetooth often persists in trying to pick up Driver 1's phone, and if it's nearby (inside the building) it keeps playing Driver 1's content.

Other times it seamlessly switches to Driver 2's phone.

Should each driver remember to switch off Mazda in iPhone's Bluetooth settings every time they get out of the car, then re-connect it every time they start up?

Or is there a simpler way to manage it?

When my wife and i both had our phones paired i could go to phone, settings, bluetooth and change the check mark to which phone is paired

The unit always remembers the last device connected. See below:

20adjys.jpg

I think it’s just when going back and forth that it can be tricky. If one person is consistently driving it it seems fine. On Ford you could make one priority.

I think it’s just when going back and forth that it can be tricky. If one person is consistently driving it it seems fine. On Ford you could make one priority.

Maybe this priority function will be added to MZD Connect 2 when it's released

Thanks Xeler8ing and alphadog00, both paths work, better than what I'd been trying.

After fiddling around, I think selecting 'Mazda' in Settings>Bluetooth on the phone might be easiest. It seems to override the connection to the previous phone.

What’s the MZD Connect 2? Is that anything different then the AA/CP?

Next generation of current MZD Connect.

AA/ACP is just an add on to current MZD Connect.

Maybe for MZD Connect 2 they might improve performance, GUI etc

Back