Bluetooth Messages Worked Yesterday-Now I Get An "X"

:
2015 CX-5 GT
Before today, I could get text messages. If I was moving, I could touch the speaker symbol and the message would be read to me. Today, after a pause, I get an "X" next to the speaker symbol.

I called mazdausa.com/bluetooth from the owner's manual. After a while, I got a guy who told me I need to delete the texts in my phone because my 2015 GT Infotainment Center will only hold 20 texts. I explained that it has been working for months, but he stood by his answer. I called back, hoping to get someone else and got the same guy. I told him that I only see 15 texts in the Infotainment Center, so it can't be a lack of memory. He said he would talk to his tech. The tech said to reset the bluetooth to factory defaults, turn everything off and re-pair the phone. No luck. Message Fail.jpg

I hope I was able to attach a picture. The "X" is next to the speaker on the line with Sep 23 15:11.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get my messages to work again? I got the new 7.00 bluetooth module a month ago.

So, I tried restoring factory defaults and powering off and turning my phone on again and this time it worked. I noticed that while the system was reading the text to me, the "X" appeared, so I'm thinking the volume got turned down on the texts or muted. It wasn't turned down on the phone part because I was talking to Mazda hands free. Any, it is working. I called back and got the same guy for the third time in a row and he still maintains that I need to delete my text messages in my phone. I said "It's working and I haven't deleted any". Silence...

if you hit the volume/power button it mutes and puts that "X" there....my wife's handbag frequently does this while we drive together.

This. If you "depress" the volume spinner knob on the center console it mutes all volume. Even text reading.

My 2015 doesn't have a volume spinner knob on the center console. If it happens again, I'm going to look for things that mute the messages. I did have the audio off, but was able to talk using bluetooth. I think we are head to an answer. The guy at Mazda didn't have a clue and it was his job.

Back