Blown Tranny!

jsahyoun

:
2007 Toyota Camry SE V6
Basically the title says it all. Last Wednesday I blew the tranny in my MP3. There was really no signs to tell me it just sort of happened. This happened less than a week after I have run 10 psi. I have a mazdaspeed mani and turbo, with FMIC, APex DP, GReddy SP2 cat back, and injen intake. I also have a MSP ECU. (FMU is still for sale) I did upgrade the clutch and flywheel, but I did not expect my tranny to go so quickly. I also have 45,000 miles on the car. MY car is obviously not covered under warranty due to the mods that I have. The stealership wants 4,000 for a MP3 tranny. MY questions are these:

-The dealer tells me I cannot use a mazdaspeed tranny, is this true? How?
I have heard that this tranny may be stronger than my MP3 tranny,and it also has the LSD.

-Is it true that the MP3 tranny is especially weak compared to The ES or Pro 5 tranny?

-What should I do to not only fix the problem, but to prevent it form happening again?

thanks! Joe

whatever you do dont have ther dealership pay for it. That is a serious rip.

I am almost positive the msp tranny will fit. I know becuase when i had my bottom end built, i used a p5 block and my msp tranny bolted right back up. The only difference in fitment can be the bell housing (where it connects to the block) and mine fit fine.

I really think it should fit ok, but you may want to hear others opinions as well.

-B

I am pretty certain that it fits, I just want to be 100%.

The stealership can eat me!

You might need the MSP front axles as well.
The MSP ones are bigger and might be why it won't fit in the MP3. Just a thought.

Yes, I would like to know if someone has done this to a protege, meaning switched to the MSP tranny.

Tranny will fit.

The MP3 has a G05 tranny while the MSP is a G25? (I think, but I can't prove at this moment). They bolt up the same (bell housing). P5 trans were "upgraded" after VIN # 2200, in which case the synchros were changed so, there are "weak" P5 trans as well, but not many of them, although I don't think they were G05 transmissions like the MP3.

Now, I must ask. . .what broke? What are the problems? We frequently say, the transmissions are weak, but there are a number of us with stock proteges transmissions (mine being a MP3 as well) that are still running just fine boosted and all. But there can always be "bad apples" so I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune.

As stated though, buy a transmission on your own and put it in. . .way cheaper than the stealership. Max $500 for a MSP trans and just a weekend of your time. Turfburn has a great how to thread for doing just that (taking a trans out and putting it back in).

I was told that the differential inside my tranny snapped.?? They said it wasn't made for that kind of power.??

Thats what I would like to do is buy a used MSP tranny and put it in. I just want to be sure it fits. I am pretty certain, but I just dont understand why the dealer would tell me it won't work .

thanks for the info!

I have found an MSP tranny for $650 shipped with under 5k miles. I want to buy it, I just want to be 100% certain it will work.

Joe

Back