Blown motor :(

Thats wayyyy too high at 22psi, im running about 12 degre for 15psi of boost and yet this is with water injection. At your boost level I would dial it down to 7 -8.

Incorrect..

I actually just PMed him a discussion about this.

My car wouldn't even run a 7 or 8

It needs higher than what is conventionally accepted advance, even at higher boost.

15ish is good for the FS at low compression and High Boost... Just not for any other car it seems..

I have looked at all the maps from the Haltech Library for Honda, Evos, GTRs and they are all, as you say... 7 or 8...

Then I look at all the other maps that people have for the Mazda FS and everyone has much more advance..

Hell, I am running almost 35 Degrees of advance cruising on the highway, and it goes down to 24 as I cross zero into...

That type of ignition curve seems to be too high according to what is expected, but for some reason the FS is happy.

I think it has to do with the BorevsStroke of the motor, It's Geometry...

Incorrect..

I actually just PMed him a discussion about this.

My car wouldn't even run a 7 or 8

It needs higher than what is conventionally accepted advance, even at higher boost.

15ish is good for the FS at low compression and High Boost... Just not for any other car it seems..

I have looked at all the maps from the Haltech Library for Honda, Evos, GTRs and they are all, as you say... 7 or 8...

Then I look at all the other maps that people have for the Mazda FS and everyone has much more advance..

Hell, I am running almost 35 Degrees of advance cruising on the highway, and it goes down to 24 as I cross zero into...

That type of ignition curve seems to be too high according to what is expected, but for some reason the FS is happy.

I think it has to do with the BorevsStroke of the motor, It's Geometry...

Cruising timing of 30-35 is ok, however I pick up knock above 15degree of timing, this is at 15psi with 9.1:1 compression

Sorry to read about your engine Nick. You have videos of the car on track and/or dyno? You still using the mani I sold you?

Sorry to read about your engine Nick. You have videos of the car on track and/or dyno? You still using the mani I sold you?

The only videos I have are really old ones when it was mostly stock. Gotta get the wife to take some track and dyno vids this time around.

And yes! Still using your mani, it's holding up very well never had a problem. The only thing I did was change the 38mm wastegate flange to v-band. Too many blown gaskets with the other one.

So what would the best map be for the msp to run with a haltech?

The issue is that the map has to match the modifications and temperature..

Eg. My map would be totally wrong as I have 8.5:1 and 94 Octane... But another might be running 9:1 and 104... so they will be tuned differently.

Back