blowby

dominoy2k1

Contributor
:
02 1500 4x4, mp3
what would cause blowby from the crankcase cover? i tried a new pcv valve but there is still alot.

worn valve seats and/or valves and/or valve seals, also it's called a valve cover

I'd really look at the seals, now that I think about it if the valves weren't seating fully it would just cause a loss of compression

wait did you put in the supercharged pcv? That cured alot of peoples problems. I have one sitting aorund in the package if you want.

I had a crack in the thin plate that covers the chambers that keep oil from being sucked into the pcv and the intake vent. my car was sucking oil straight into the intake.

its just a thin piece of metal that was stamped then screwed on... you'll see what I mean if you pull the valve cover.

uh no its an oem one. ever since i had a problem with an oil leak i started having problems. the car smokes a bit under acceleration. once i hit boost it starts smoking like a train. i also noticed that there was alot more oil coming out from the valve cover. so its either i need a new turbo or check the seals like kpabap.

damn i hate apartments. i will check the plate thing tomorrow at work.

RyanJayG said:
I had a crack in the thin plate that covers the chambers that keep oil from being sucked into the pcv and the intake vent. my car was sucking oil straight into the intake.

its just a thin piece of metal that was stamped then screwed on... you'll see what I mean if you pull the valve cover.

Back