Blow-thru Maf?

He is tuning it with Versatune. Its still in beta, but you can email ugnius @ versatune.net and maybe he will let you into the beta program. I have been running it for a few months now and it is good stuff, it makes the sb and ap look like crap.

Taylor im definetly interested in seeing how this turns out for you, since were basically running the same setup and tune as far as right now is concerned..

while i got it all apart for the build i might as well do this too

I will do the bov a foot before the MAF. Parts are on the way!

Qwik, do me a favor, and take some WOT logs before you switch over the the blow through set up. I really want to see how your AFRs are impacted, your MAF, FT's etc.. with this set up. When I was getting that barb welded on my hot pipe, I was chatting to the owner for a while and he was really cool. He said he could weld the current opening on the cold pipe closed (smoothly), and mount a new flange further down the cold pipe for me so I could run a blow through set up if I wish for only $120. The only problem is, there is like next to no room down there, and that flange has to be perfect JUST for the HKS to fit lower down the cold pipe. For all I know though, the blow through MAF could be a better set up, with more accurate AFRs, etc.. and would be worth it. However, I can NOT screw up the markings on where to put the new flange, or the HKS won't fit, I don't know of a smaller BOV, and i'll be screwed. He said he could do ALL of that for me AND guarantee the work, but the price jumps up by a few hundred bucks, and not worth it for me.

I'm DYING to see logs of the blow through set up. PLEASE take a bunch before (an idle log too) the blow through set up, and then right after. Some dude has been talking about this mod and working on it for like a year, but I haven't seen any logs yet, lol. Thanks brother!!

You got it Douge. I am really gonna try to do it on sunday. I am still not 100% sure though. I still need a couple little things. All my tubing, couplers, and clamps are here. My dad got the hks bov on the tube. Stupid o-ring is a major PITA. I got a breather filter for the valve cover. I still need to find a cap that can hold the breather tube on the MAF housing shut so boost air doesnt shoot out of it. Its a 5/8" diamter. I had no luck at Lowes finding one. I am also waiting for the fuses to come to run my battery to the trunk. In the meantime I may just need to cap off the recirc part of the inlet before I run a new intake where the battery is.

you could always buy a little filter for where the recirc is on the inlet haha. might cause some turbulence before turbo though so probably best to just cap it. i had plans to do blow-thru setup too but my funds are going to other things right now so its on hold.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back