Blind Spot Monitoring Issue on 2009 CX9

tstex

Hello to All,

Had some body work done to the right back side of my car and the BSM sensor is working intermittently about 25% of the time. This back rt wheel-well and qtr panel is where they painted and did the work.

The left side works fine, but the right side works about 1/5 - 1/4 % of the time. Also, the sensor in the back rt door was replaced be the air-bag went off. which both the module and the airbag was replaced, and the car was reset to turn-off the blinking air-bag dash indicator.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the issue, and if so, the probable fix? This was done by a reputable bodyshot and they took it and paid Mazda to reset it.

Thank you and let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
tstex

I have done some searching on this subject and apparently the sensors are very touchy. If it works part of the time it sounds like it is out of alignment which a dealer can adjust. It seems like you need some specialized equipment to align a sensor. Mine is totally broke and the part is like $700 with over a thousand to insall and align. I am looking for a way to turn off the dashboard light and just lose the feature. I tried removing the fuse, but that also stopped my keyless entry from working,

Back