Blind Spot detection goes off?

aelaan

:
Mazda CX5 GS 2014 - NAV
I tried to search the forums and could not find a thread about this... My passenger blind spot detection goes off frequently distracting me. It happened now at least 7 times while driving in the city. Honestly there is nothing in the blind spot, no bicyclist or pedestrian. I will mention it this week when I go in for another little upgrade to my car.

Mine will go off if there is a constant object on either side of the car, such as a long guardrail that I am driving along side of. This seems to happen more in the morning when the car isn't fully warmed up yet for whatever reason.

Yesterday I put my blinker on to change lanes and it beeped and lit up, even though there was nothing at all there. Usually it is fairly accurate though.

Happens to me a lot on both sides. Usually when driving down a residential street with no other cars around. I don't know if it's the trees or what. Kinda annoying.

In the manual it says that the sensors are located in the rear corners of the bumper and that if the area gets too dirty, it can trigger false positives. So it recommends to keep that area of the bumper relatively clean to minimize the chance of this.

I will also get false positive readings when I get near bushes, trees or guardrails on either side of the car. It's not very often, but I notice it every once in a while. I'd prefer it to be sensitive because I've seen it detect things like bicyclists or quick moving motorcyclist when they're in my blindspot.

If it bothers you that much turn it off. Personally I would rather it be sensitive enough to pick up a motorcycle, which mine is , than not have any "false alarms".

It's going off when the turn signal is on, I assume.

I believe it also has a minimum speed you must be driving for it to signal. Various things can trigger it like barriers, parked cars etc. Is it going off in tight conditions or wide open road?

Like I stated... It is going off driving through the city, the car is very clean and since I have been in a car accident (not my fault) before I purchased the Mazda I am ultra careful. I purchased the Mazda because it has this safety feature. I do not expect it to go off on every right turn. Turning it off just defeats the purpose, I am just wondering if there is a setting that the dealer might adjust for sensitivity. It does not happen when I am out and about, at least I have not detected it. I do not want to complain too much about this, I just thought it odd that it only happens on right turns that is all.

I will do so on Friday when the car goes in the shop. I am not going to sit on hold for 2 hours with no good service. My TomTom quit too, states it is searching for GPS connections... I feel that the dealer is the best place to start and if they fail then I will open the communication to the 'Can I put you on hold' line.

"Driving through the city" is pretty vague. Plenty of city roads are wide and plenty are tight. If it's going off on narrow roads with parked cars and barriers along them, that's normal behavior.

Likewise, as you round a corner in tight situations, barriers, light poles, mailboxes, people standing on the corner etc, may trigger it in the moment before the turn signal turns off.

Turning the sensitivity down would defeat the purpose of it as it would have difficulty seeing cyclists and other vehicles in your blind spot when you need it to.

Latest posts

Back