Blew my engine... AGAIN...

JrTekSilverP5

:
02' TwoToned (Sliver/Black) MP5
I just got my car back friday-7/2/10 (after just having a blown engine replaced... which took the dumb ass mechanic 2 weeks to finish) around 5pm and by saturday at 12:45am the engine was severely over heated... after looking it first he said it was a hose to the radiator that stopped it from cooling off... then he said my gauges are messed up and didnt tell the fan to turn on and cool down the engine...

hes replacing the engine and gauges... free of charge...

as soon as hes done... im gonna take it to a friends cousin which is a Mazda Tech Master or something like that to fully look over the car...

did he completely swap the motor or was it a rebuild. if was rebuilt, the head could be warped from overheating, water pump should be replaced, could be numerous things if it was a rebuild

sounds like he forgot to swap the coolant temp sensor which would trigger your fan. pay attention to your temp gauge when you get it back so it doesn't happen again.

or better yet don't leave the shop until you turn on the engine and wait a few minutes for the coolant to come up to temp and for the fan to kick on.

Remember what I said a few weeks back. Did he do a coolant engine flush? If the engine sits awhile you will build up rust. You might have something blocked. I have never heard the gauges failing. The stock ecu reads the temp and turns on the fans, not the gauges.

What happened to the first motor? Overheat as well? He may have reused a bad part from your old motor in the shortblock rebuild. i.e. a bad thermostat...

Back