Blacked Out Front Grill Emblem

... I dont understand how I got so much flac ...

I didn't see any of the comments on the emblem being flac, it seemed like honest opinions and some had the reason they thought that way added. When you ask "what do you think" you will sometimes get people telling you what they actually think. Criticizing the way the car is parked though.....
If everyone thought it was the greatest thing ever then everyone would do it to their car and then yours wouldn't be unique anymore.

I like it. Shiny badges look like jewelry to me. I don't wear it, nor should my car. Most of the car company badges have grown to such huge proportions, though I do like that they have gotten away from writing their names all over the cars and use the logos instead.

gotta agree with the lack of the name 'mazda' you generally buy a model not a manufacturer. not having the manufacturers strikes me as mark of confidence.

I'm surprised at the OP getting stressed at the negative replies.

When I was a youngster I did what I wanted to my cars, to suit me, and didn't ask anyone for their opinions, I did it for ME.

i'm not getting stressed out about anything I just asked what you guys thought and said I was surprised for the amount of negative comments

I'm not getting stressed out about anything I just asked what you guys thought and said I was surprised for the amount of negative comments
I'm not a fan of plasti-dip or blacking out, but I thought what you did didn't look bad at all, especially compared to some of the other tasteless mods I've seen here. Surprising what pushes peoples' buttons.

I like did u do the back?

Also need to fill the depth of the front badge is just a blank hole, can't find a way yet at least semi flush

I've been wanting to black out my grill emblem for awhile now so picked up a can of plastidip and made it happen ... what do ya guys think?

I have same color CX-5. Debadged the rear and did plastidip on both mazda emblems. I have the hood edge protector. All looks fine and I like it alot.

I like did u do the back?

Also need to fill the depth of the front badge is just a blank hole, can't find a way yet at least semi flush

yeah i did the rear as well it came out real nice imo. as for the hole the plastidip just peeled off it

*oh and FYI- i get 2 designated parking spots hence why i double park in the pics in case someone was going to make a big deal about it again

Attachments

• newcx54.jpg
    newcx54.jpg
    778 KB · Views: 804
  • newcx53.jpg
    newcx53.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
I have same color CX-5. Debadged the rear and did plastidip on both mazda emblems. I have the hood edge protector. All looks fine and I like it alot.

can you post a pic of the rear, im curious to see what it looks debadged in my color

I have debadged the rear and blacked out front and back emblems as well as the grill chrome. Personally i think it looks weird with out the grill chrome being black, after doing the emblems, i figured "why not, if I F' it up, i can peel it off".

I have debadged the rear and blacked out front and back emblems as well as the grill chrome. Personally i think it looks weird with out the grill chrome being black, after doing the emblems, i figured "why not, if I F' it up, i can peel it off".

yeah i thought about painting the chrome piece too but i like it especially how it looks like it flairs into the headlights. If my cx5 was black i would paint that chrome piece red, heres a pic of it

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content...-CX-5-180-Concept-2012-Picture-02-588x441.jpg

I was kind of worried about that at first, once I got my second coat on it, I liked it to much to turn back.
But im not much for the chrome on black look.
Plus I felt it looked out of place once it was the only real piece of chrome on the exterior.

I've been wanting to black out my grill emblem for awhile now so picked up a can of plastidip and made it happen ... what do ya guys think?

Looks quite tacky. That along with the aftermarket LED strips that everyone seems to throw onto their cars nowadays.

Back