Blacked Out Front Grill Emblem

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
I've been wanting to black out my grill emblem for awhile now so picked up a can of plastidip and made it happen ... what do ya guys think?

Attachments

• cx5grill1.jpg
    cx5grill1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 5,623
  • cx5grill2.jpg
    cx5grill2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 11,168
I dont like it. Makes the front look like a black hole.

And what is up with the walmart fogs?

Wow, you guys are rough. :D I think it looks fine. The plastidip actually seems to match the housing of the fog lamps.

I don't know man, I like the emblem. Looks weird like those Ford trucks without the emblem on the grill.

Agree, I thought I would be the only one to dislike it.

Not use to being part of the "herd".

I actually like shiny badges, but then I'm old.

I don't like shiny badges - usually. But in a sea of black like our grills it needs something to set it off. The plasti-dip was well done, though. The important thing is if you like it, you should keep it.

I like it. Shiny badges look like jewelry to me. I don't wear it, nor should my car. Most of the car company badges have grown to such huge proportions, though I do like that they have gotten away from writing their names all over the cars and use the logos instead.

Well that should put a smile back on the OP's face. (smoke)

You can get away with it on the white CX-5 but all other colors it looks awkward. Yes I do like the chrome look of the logo even a brushed aluminum look would have been nice also.

thanks for the comments guys, im surprised at the negative comments I got on here. I think the grill looks better with the emblem blacked out but thats just my opinion and apparently a few of yours as well. I dont understand how I got so much flac for blacking out the emblem when mazda3/6 owners buy aftermarket grills that are entirely blacked out similar to what I did for the cost of 5 dollars.

Dude no one's making fun or giving you s*** for doing it. You asked for opinions and got some honest opinions. You did a good job on the plastidip, then again to eff it up someone has to be real dumb as it's one of the easiest things to use. If you like it eff what anyone else thinks :) it's your car do whatever you want to it.

thanks for the comments guys, im surprised at the negative comments I got on here. I think the grill looks better with the emblem blacked out but thats just my opinion and apparently a few of yours as well. I dont understand how I got so much flac for blacking out the emblem when mazda3/6 owners buy aftermarket grills that are entirely blacked out similar to what I did for the cost of 5 dollars.

A ton of protgs do this too.

I like it a lot more then the leds fog/drls, for some reason the placement of them just doesn't look right.

I thought about trying it on the grill of mine, but decided it'd be too much black so didn't bother, think i'll smoke it (as soon as I order it since yes no carries it around me) as I don't like the chrome, also thinking I'll do the crome accent that runs the bottom of the grill. I do like the blacked out emblem I saw on the back of the cx-5 though.

I'm surprised at the OP getting stressed at the negative replies.

When I was a youngster I did what I wanted to my cars, to suit me, and didn't ask anyone for their opinions, I did it for ME.

I'm surprised at the OP getting stressed at the negative replies.

When I was a youngster I did what I wanted to my cars, to suit me, and didn't ask anyone for their opinions, I did it for ME.

+1

People/kids these days are different, they need reinforcement for their decisions. It's the generation that is getting 4th and 5th place medals so everyone doesn't feel bad. When I was a kid either you won or you lost, no congrats you tried your hardest. When you lose you work harder and harder until you win.

OP it looks good, you will never please everyone.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of negative nancies on here. If you don't like, just share your opinion (or not) and move on! All the OP wants to do is share his project with us. Without posts like this, this forum might as well be empty. Last I heard, a CX-5 Accessories & Appearance forum is meant just for this purpose.

OP, I think it looks good. Keep up the modding!

Last edited:
Back