black out stock rims..

johnny mp5

:
Mazda Protege5
alright so i just got my p5 and im starting to hate the chrome rims. my friends already flaming sayin that i have "cholo" rims. so im thinking about powder coating the rims. can anyone link me to the thread on this forum that talks about that?

looks for shops in your area if u want to powder coat them otherwise u cant just paint them yourself with rattle cans, a lot of people on here have done that and they have come out nice.

yeah, i had the same question actually, do you know of anyone specificly who has done it, cuz i'm about to the the MS3 rims and i want them black. i am having a buddy of mine touch up my paint, and i want to know if having him powder coat the rims would be worth it. if i could find someone who has pics of the finished product.

looks for shops in your area if u want to powder coat them otherwise u cant just paint them yourself with rattle cans, a lot of people on here have done that and they have come out nice.

is ms3 rims for 500 a good deal? rims only no tires
theres curb rash on one of them and the rest are in good condition

umm they are ok but i believe your gona need spacers, roll fenders and then ur gona spit out quite some cash on 18" tires.

i would just paint them temporarily and then save up and get a wheel/tire combo.
i painted mine bronze and they came out real clean.

isnt powdercoating kinda expensive? you could just buy a set of rims in whatever color you want and even go bigger in size with the same amount of money

isnt powdercoating kinda expensive? you could just buy a set of rims in whatever color you want and even go bigger in size with the same amount of money

then it cost you you more becuase you have to purchase tires for the larger rims. However I do agree just put the money aside tell its time for new times and get a wheel package combo deal.

Hey johnny. I've got some 17's I've been thnkng of selling. ADR m-sport in silver. Lemme know if you're interested

no its not exp. for 16 inch rims usually it'll range from 30-50bucks a wheel, and depending what color you want it.
usually single coat or the basic colors will be cheap but if you want them to do a lip, or go for the more pretty colors like the pearl and etc...it'll bump up the price, so no you wont be spitting out the same amount of money, u'll be spending less.

paint the rims. you wont regret it and they look sick..look below. follow the how to exatclt thats 2 posts up

Thanks bro...not gunna be able to stay like this forever..no gunna risk scraping my IC piping..

ohh its gona be a problem, i guess you can trade ur BC's for my Tokico Setup :D
then you wont scrape for sure.

got theses niffty lil things for 1500 with tires. and yes that drop is insane. lol how do you take speed bumps? or any bumps at all?

1500$ is like 5 times the cost of powdercoating 16rims. which only goes for like no more than 200.

Damn I just drove past a new Focus with the stock rims painted black 2 min ago and said to my wife they looked like s***, no offense, but, save up some loot and do it right buy some 17s there's so many to choose from. Unless you really like painted/powdered stock rims, in that case do it up, but don't listen to your boys, thats peer pressure high school s*** bro.

alright so i just got my p5 and im starting to hate the chrome rims. my friends already flaming sayin that i have "cholo" rims. so im thinking about powder coating the rims. can anyone link me to the thread on this forum that talks about that?

Last edited:
umm they are ok but i believe your gona need spacers, roll fenders and then ur gona spit out quite some cash on 18" tires.

i would just paint them temporarily and then save up and get a wheel/tire combo.
i painted mine bronze and they came out real clean.

if there 500 shipped its not to bad of a deal. i got mine for 400 picked up with no tires. and he wouldnt need spacers or to roll the fenders. just gotta run a smaller sidewall thats it.

heres my setup. on msp struts and pro kit. and i know some people dont care for the ms3 rims on the p5. but everytime i walk out and see them on my car i think damn....those are tits.

100_0121.jpg

Back