Black Front Badge

2ManyCars

:
2008 MS3 GT (SOLD)
Does anyone have one of the black front emblems sold online by a major vendor? Any problems? Any pics on a black car? Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not confident enough in my krylon skills as would be necessary to convince me that this would be a good approach. :)

Are there any forum-supporting vendors who sell these things?

ive done it myself it is super easy and mine hasnt chipped or anything, its been on for about 10,000 miles, my front and back emblem our blacked out, i will take pics tommarow and show you, i have a black speed3 also

ive done it myself it is super easy and mine hasnt chipped or anything, its been on for about 10,000 miles, my front and back emblem our blacked out, i will take pics tommarow and show you, i have a black speed3 also

Was removal of the front badge just a matter of gently prying/popping it out with a small flat-blade screwdriver from the front?

Thanks

would you guys mind posting a mini how to? Including what paint you used, etc etc. That would be awesome, I've been wanting to black mine out but didn't want to pay like 80 bucks or whatever they are

its easy pull them off paint put them back on the front needs to gently pryed off with a screw driver the back is on with that adhesive use dental floss to to loosen it up and pull it off.

dental floss is the way to go. I would suggest when you put it back on, if you don't plan to remove it again,put a very thin layer of super glue on it so that ppl can't steal the emblem from you. That is only if you don't plan on removing the emblem anymore.

dental floss is the way to go. I would suggest when you put it back on, if you don't plan to remove it again,put a very thin layer of super glue on it so that ppl can't steal the emblem from you. That is only if you don't plan on removing the emblem anymore.

+1

i'm going totally badgeless on the rear on wednesday - thursday. both the "mazdaspeed 3" along with the "flying M" emblem will be removed.. holes will be filled and the whole hatch will be repainted. i think i'm the 1st one to do so on the MS3 so we'll see how it all comes out. i'll post a pic blog thursday or friday with pics. :)

personally if ur goin to paint the eblem use krylon cuz there stuff is pretty good, i used it on my dash and shifter surround and it came out really good, im thinkin about the emblems next too

i'm going totally badgeless on the rear on wednesday - thursday. both the "mazdaspeed 3" along with the "flying M" emblem will be removed.. holes will be filled and the whole hatch will be repainted. i think i'm the 1st one to do so on the MS3 so we'll see how it all comes out. i'll post a pic blog thursday or friday with pics. :)

Ive done it two days after i bought my car there are no holes to path if i remember right.

i am pretty sure because otherwise we'll have a s*** load more ppl running badgeless =p

Back