Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications

Moonman8 said:
Aha! That's what it was. It is currently residing comfortably on the car with the top trim body match painted and the emblem was modded a little bit. Man that was a while back, at least it seems that way.

Glad the grille founda good home! lol!

I actually have a Millenia S and was wondering if installing an inline oil filter would benefit my engine?

And to clear things up, the millenia runs 7psi of boost in 1st gear and 14psi in the other 3 gears.

since this thread just got bumped not long ago - can anyone confirm that PG is still selling the MPV PCV? based on the part number they show, it sure looks like it.

There seemed to be some confusion as to which one was the proper part number; JE96 or JE26. If I can figure out for sure which one it is I'd like to try this mod too.

EDIT: I know its the JE26 that Linux has pictured at the start of the thread... but in Post #79 Ken of PG says that the correct # should be JE96; so I'm confused!

Last edited:
yeah i saw that, which is what made me put the brakes on the whole thing. i saw that they still list the part number from the MPV, i just didnt know if thats what they shipped or the info was out of date. ill just play it safe and order from an OEM supplier on the internets or from the local stealership... i dont know which one i trust less...

yeah i saw that, which is what made me put the brakes on the whole thing. i saw that they still list the part number from the MPV, i just didnt know if thats what they shipped or the info was out of date. ill just play it safe and order from an OEM supplier on the internets or from the local stealership... i dont know which one i trust less...

$25 and change Canadian at the dealer.

too bad my dealerships are a bunch of scumbags and i dont trust them as far as i can throw them. they want to charge me a flat 1.5 hours labor (139.99 last i checked) just to diagnose a problem, so why should i trust them to give me a part you can get off the shelf at autozone or from a million OEM replacement places as opposed to direct from mazda?

You have to remember that the part from the MPV is NOT the same as the one from the Millennia (which was supercharged).

im aware, i was just trying to confirm that PG is still shipping the MPV valve. they labelled it millenia but the P/N is MPV. so one of the two is correct, i was trying to figure out which... but if i go to one of the sleezeball dealers up here and order the millenia one, i bet they drive to autozone, get one off the shelf, put it in a ziplock bag and charge me $28... i already quoted it, and thats a soild 100% markup.

onlinemazdaparts only sells OEM, right? ill just get it through them if they do.

the millenia doesnt do much...i run a catch can and still get a lot of s*** pushed past at 7.5 psi..... now dont get me wrong it does stop alot more than the stock one though

Just use a 1993 Toyota Supra 2jz-gte pcv valve. (I purchased it from Advanced Auto-for some reason this is the only one I have found that creates a perfect seal. When in boost absolutely NOTHING gets past this PCV valve. Most of the blowby we get from our Proteges are from high RPM driving. So in conjunction with the the pcv valve I usedi also used a Kobalt Air/Oil Seperator (from Lowes) I have to empty it every 2500. Works great for me.

PS. I bought it for $3.00 and its made of brass. =)

Just use a 1993 Toyota Supra 2jz-gte pcv valve. (I purchased it from Advanced Auto-for some reason this is the only one I have found that creates a perfect seal. When in boost absolutely NOTHING gets past this PCV valve. Most of the blowby we get from our Proteges are from high RPM driving. So in conjunction with the the pcv valve I usedi also used a Kobalt Air/Oil Seperator (from Lowes) I have to empty it every 2500. Works great for me.

PS. I bought it for $3.00 and its made of brass. =)

Pics or it didn't happen

I just called the advanced auto by my house and they have it for like $2. Part # PV 1009 is what they told me it was. So if this is better than the millenia I will pick one up.. Is it safe to assume the supra was at a higher boost level stock than the millenia?

Current info about Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications is not always the easiest thing to locate. Fortunately, this report includes the latest Better PCV Valve Solution For Low Boost Applications info available.
Sometimes the most important aspects of a subject are not immediately obvious. Keep reading to get the complete picture.
Take time to consider the points presented above. What you learn may help you overcome your hesitation to take action.

Back