Best Bass and Treble settings for the stereo?

carandbike

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2015
Really struggling to find the best settings for bass and treble. The sound quality of this Bose system is not as good as the one I had in my 2004 Mazda 6. Not really having issues with the music on my USB stick but the radio (non HD) just sounds bad. The bass sounds too muffled. If I kick it up too high I get a lot of thumping but not alot of music.

Currently I have the treble cranked to one notch below max and the bass is down 2 notches below the mid line. Has anyone found a setting that works really well for them?

Mine has the treble up 2 notches from the mid line, the bass one notch up as well. Sound quality is actually quite good when the volume is turned up around 32.

I don't listen much to music on the radio, though; mostly Bluetooth. The FM tuner is always at the local talk-radio station... in Mono!

It depends on the type of music you're listening to and unfortunately there is no graphic equalizer. I find the factory treble and bass settings a bit "bassy" for classical stuff but it's fine for most other genres. I also switched off the Centerpoint as it seemed to result in a complete loss of stereo separation.

Last edited:
I have my treble at 100% and bass 3-4 notches below max, depending on the song (I use bluetooth with a mixture of music genres). I really like crisp, clean highs from a hi-hat. Like Fleeecy mentioned, I find the audio quality better when it volume is past 35 and up. Also, a decent aftermarket subwoofer and amp really helps make this system whole.

subjective
səbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"
synonyms: personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive
"a subjective analysis"

With my Bose system, I set Treble at clost to max and Bass up ~ 3/4. System is not as good as on my CX7 but, good. Ed

I'm not too particular I guess... I just crank them both to max and turn the radio up. It always bugs my wife. She likes the reset button that takes it back to default. :)

subjective
səbˈjektiv/Submit
adjective
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"
synonyms: personal, individual, emotional, instinctive, intuitive
"a subjective analysis"

worthless [wurth-lis]
adjective
without worth; of no use, importance, or value; good-for-nothing:

Its like a welder i once knew, he insisted on one setting to weld all thicknesses of material. I asked, then why is the power source adjustable? The audio settings are adjustable to your liking, there is no specific setting that is correct.

Just looking for some suggestions of what worked for everyone. I can't seem to find a winning combo. I would like to try what has worked for others.

Just looking for some suggestions of what worked for everyone. I can't seem to find a winning combo. I would like to try what has worked for others.

No worries, this forum is supposed to be a place for people with like interests who share their knowledge and experience. Keep trying something different and maybe it will work out better or you.

Insanity
noun
Main Entry: insanity
Pronunciation: \in-ˈsa-nə-tē\

1. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Back