Bent Rim

FlyPanAm

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3 GT
Just discovered one of my Stock Rims are bent. I just got them powder coated (posted in "...today" thread) and I'm really bummed. I don't remember hitting anything, but a few days ago I started getting a wheel shimmy at highway speeds. I was hoping that I lost a weight or something so I took it to a shop and they discovered a nice ding where the inside lip is pushed it a bit (no tire damage). They balanced it the best they could, and it's better, but the shimmy is not completely gone.

Without seeing it I know it's probably hard, but is there a chance something like this can be fixed? Or better yet, is there a way I could fix myself?

yes; depending on where you live they have mobile wheel repair places that come to you and can fix scratches and bends. I've never used them but have read good things about them. use the google and search mobile wheel repair.

yes; depending on where you live they have mobile wheel repair places that come to you and can fix scratches and bends. I've never used them but have read good things about them. use the google and search mobile wheel repair.

Cool thanks! I just asked for a quote to fix it, looks like they'll be able to help!

www.sonictuning.com - Time for new shoes! :D

God damn if that wasn't the first things the ran through my mind. :)

If my tires were closer to needing replacing, I'd probably do it. But I'd go wider if I bought new rims... That and I just JUST got them coated. I got them back like two weeks ago!

Latest posts

Back