BassTube question

Jubba

MP3-147
I dont know much about hooking up car audio..

I just purchased the MP3, used.. but the basstube was not in it..

so i decided to put 1 back in..

someone I knew gave me a bazooka basstube.. and I went to a local Car Audio shop to have it installed..

they got it installed.. but..

at volume level 1 there is a humm coming from the BassTube..
everytime the CD changes tracks.. you can hear the Tube click, then the humm starts again..

I have adjusted the controls on the tube itself.. but only way i can get the humm to go away is to almost turn it off..

is this normal? or did they fook up the install?

thanks in advance

IS the tube using RCAs or speaker level connections?

What headunit are you using?

Does the bass tube have a power sensing turn on? If so and if your using rcas, it should be off.

I have delt with a few Bazooka tubes over the last year that did this no matter what. The only way to stop it is a noise filter. They are simply put - JUNK!

fixed

Thanks for the reply..

a "pro audio" shop did the install.. they said this was normal..

I took it to circut city.. they said it wasnt normal.. took out another Bazooka tube, hooked it up, and no hum.. they said the AMP was blown in the first one..

after thanking them for looking at it... I asked how much? they said "dont worry about it"

After that, I told them to go ahead and install the new tube.. so they did. And charged me for the tube itself.. I guess they dont charge for install if you buy the part from them..

they even mounted the tube, "pro-audio" just electrical taped the wires and left the tube swinging from it.

Even said he didnt want to mess up the car, so they went and got a piece of wood and secured the tube to it under the carpet. as not to drill any holes into the body itself.

Sad when you have a "specialty store" that can give a rats ass about you, and take it to a "circut city" and they fix you up.

I am an installer at a Circuit City in Illinois and this is exactly the attitude we have at our shop as well. We would rather help someone out for free than have them mess up their own car or get the wrong info from the so called "Custom Shops". In turn customers will remember this great customer service and will return for future purchases. We have a shop in town that will blow your equipment on purpose if it is not theirs so you will get theirs or return yours back to where it came from. We had a week when 3 MTX Thunder81000d's and 4 or 5 Alpine Type R's came back because the customers said they wanted "SHOP WHO WILL REMAIN NAMELESS" to do the more custom professional install and they said the equipment was bunk out of the box. So what did we do, hooked it up for free just to show them the other shop wasn't into favorable business practices and to prove to the customers that we carry quality products and that just because the shop may look flashy dosen't mean anything when you have shady people working there. Sorry for the rant.

Jellybean98 brings up some interesting points.
Small shops can be great, infact they are the best.
BUT!!!!!!
They can also be the worst pack of untruthful douchbag, peckerhead, conartist dipshits on the planet.
Companies like Tweeter Circuit City have extensive networks for customer service so they take more percuations and more ricks to help customers then small shops will or can!
The problem with any shop is you have to know its reputation. THe Circuit City by us isn't very good and the Best Buy blows monkey ass. We fix there crap all the time.
Others can be very good and Tweeters can be very bad. its all whos working at the shop and who the manager is.
Also don't go by pictures of installs since they never tell the whole story and they could be done by installers that no longer work at the shop.

Latest posts

Back