Barnstable Auto Show, Aug.26

altspace

Contributor
:
1990 RX-7 Turbo II
It's a huge show with monster trucks, classics, hot rods, imports....everything. Located on a huge fairground. A great to show to see even if you do not enter. I'd say out of all the shows I go to this has to be the biggest one by far next to the Whaling City Festival.

Anyone care to enter with me?

Pics from the 2005 show. http://www.altspace.com/barn2005/index.html

August 26 2007
All Wheels Nationals
Barnstable County Fairgrounds
Route 151 - Falmouth
Cape Cod, Massachusetts

Last edited:
I'd love to go but I'm not up for cape traffic again. :(

I'll see though. Perhaps Amanda and I can get down there early and check out the show in the morning and hit the beach in the afternoon, weather pending of course.

I may try to come by Altspace. I don't live too far away,and I may try to enter my RX-7 if they allow me,and if I get there in time. If I go it may not be till the early afternoon though. Do you think they will let me in with a 79 RX-7,or my 74 REPU?

I'd be there but I'm in a tropical paradise right now.

On another note, I am organizing the first ever deep deep south NEPOC chapter meet here in Puerto Rico!!

HIN San Juan!

I'm going later today with my father, who I have not seen in a year. The 8 is staying home for this one.

(drinks)i'm by the pool...re;axing and doing my favorite thing....nothing(alright) turned 53 today...yikes, sounds soooo old!!! does time fly by!!

It was a nasty humid day, but no rain. I guess due to the weather not many people showed up for the auto show. It was still nice to walk around with my father and daughter as we talked about different classics. There was a few drops that fell from the sky and all of a sudden it was panic as the vendors and cars started to pack up. As for the import crowd (who left the scene right away), 3 cars....the exact same ones I had seen 2 years ago. A local Civic and a Saturn all souped up in brown rice.

Start here: http://www.altspace.com/barn2005/pages/PICT2174.html

After we had a BBQ at my moms and a nice open fire. Roasted marshmallows..mmmmm.

I'd love to have a little 1st gen MR2 to tool around in. I'd almost take one of those over a Miata.

That was at the show again this year. Looked exactly the same. Must be kept in storage. Oh, and a riced out Chevy Beretta. Wow the lack of the import scene down here amazes me.

I dunno Mark, you might stir things up too much.

I think the problem is that the show is on the cape during peak season. Its great for attendance but anyone not living on the cape has to put up with weekend beach traffic just to get there. If the show were mid-september I'd be all over it. The drive is a breeze in the off-season.

Back