Bad Shaking

Purrfectangel

:
2002 Protege 5
Well, as a lot of people on here know we recently got a lovely blast of winter that's still lingering, anyways last night I was out and about and having fun :D and all was good, came home, cleaned out the wheel wells and went inside and went to bed.

This morning I got up and the snow that came down yesterday was fluff/fluff ice pellet like but this morning was wet and heavy from warming up so much...anyways...I go to back outta the driveway and get stuck...two guys I work with were driving by and asked if they could do anything and I said I needed a push cause at this point it was looking hopeless with the shoveling, and then another man (have no clue who he was says oh I thought you were just shoveling, I'll give you a push) so I said ok!

So I get out on the road and I'm traveling to work and as I pick up speed traveling at 3000rpm I notice this vibration, complete front end and the faster I go the worse it got to the point I had to drive about 40km all the way to work in an 80km zone because it was starting to make me sick. Just a note when I let off the gas it didn't decrease in anyway. On top of which my abs which was working last night is no longer working this morning...I'm at a loss as to what the problem is...everything looks fine, nothing seemed out of the ordinary last night, I'm just wondering if somehow in the process of getting unstuck from my driveway this morning something went amiss, only I can't figure out what!

Any ideas?

Are you running on steel wheels? I know every now and then mine will get caked with snow and the balance will be thrown off. It shakes really badly. I suggest you crawl under the car (e-brake on of course) and clean out the front tires the best you can.

The ABS thing sounds fishy though.

I think you guys are right...

Balance was the first thing that came to mind, then I thought well, I didn't hit any pot holes or anything not even thinking about snow pack. I checked them briefly after I got to work and there is quite a bit of snow on the insides of the rims so I can only imagine underneath...(eek2) lol

I don't know if I'll be able to get under there, seeing as there's no bare pavement in sight. May take it up to the car wash and check it there (no garage (sad2) ) and run some water in there, at least it's warm enough it won't freeze for a bit.

I'm thinking the ABS might just be because the roads were icy this morning and my tires were froze, so no traction there for no jerking lol...if not it might just be the brakes (probably do for a bleed anyways) not sure when that was performed last, topped up the fluid last week and the fluid that is in there isn't merky or anything but I likely can't hurt.

i had this happen this morning on my way to work. ice built up on the bottom, inside of rims. stupid winter

^^^must be nice!

Well I went out yesterday after work and WOW it got supper cold quick, f***in windchill...anyways, there was a lot of snow packed up under there but luckily over the day it managed to drop down and then when the temp dropped it froze so it was easy to knock out lol...damn near froze to death in the process tho but she's all good now, and the abs is unfortunately back up and running lol.

Just goto the rubberducky and blast the insid eof the wheels, Thats what ive had to do when mine gets bad.

wow, this is such a good post to find. it was all snowy up here in the O.H. and my car got straight blown into a ditch. tow people yanked me up by the wheels. next day went to drive on the highway and my car was vibratin like a beast. steering wheel was all shaky. i thought the tow people pulled my wheels too hard and bent 'em or something. its gone now so i guess it was just snow.

Back