Bad quality brakets and bushing sway bar progress

Waltz

HI everybody,

I have a big problem. My right bracket have broken. It was installed 2 months ago when I dropped my car.

Anti-sway bar progress 22mm (painted in red)

How can this bracket have broken like that ?!? :mad: :mad:

Here the pictures.

Broken right braket:

braket-droite.jpg

Another view:

braket-droite2.jpg

Here is the left bracket with the bushing. Its easy to see that the bushing is now broken in the middle.

braket-gauche.jpg

So now ... where can I buy new brackets with bushings at good price and it can be ship to canada

Thank you

Dude that's wierd as hell. My brackets looked nothing like yours, and my bushings were hard urethane, not rubber. Did you reuse the stock ones?

Maxx Mazda said:
Dude that's wierd as hell. My brackets looked nothing like yours, and my bushings were hard urethane, not rubber. Did you reuse the stock ones?

My bushing was made of hard urethane but with the amount of stress on bracket... the bushing desingrated by itself.

I used the brackets and bushings that came with the progress sway bar kit.

But know .. my problem is .. where do i get remplacement bracket ?

Last edited:
I got a reply of my email from Progress:

If you have the original invoice I can get you the replacement parts for free. If not, the bushings and brackets are $3.50 each plus tax and shipping. Normally when that happens it is because it wasn’t tightened down enough at the time of the installation and the constant movement of the piece will eventually wear it down and it breaks like that. Give me a call if you want to place an order or send me over the invoice and I will get you some replacements.

You could talk with tony at AWR and ask him for a set of his. They have served me very well. They use the stock part witn New Bushings and a standoff bracket made from aluminium. Overall very impressed and it get's the bar further away from the frame. Make sure you tell him the diameter of the part and explain in detail what you need. (Link to this thread)

<tony@awrracing.com>
<awrracing@sbcglobal.net>

Brian MP5T said:
You could talk with tony at AWR and ask him for a set of his. They have served me very well. They use the stock part witn New Bushings and a standoff bracket made from aluminium. Overall very impressed and it get's the bar further away from the frame. Make sure you tell him the diameter of the part and explain in detail what you need. (Link to this thread)

<tony@awrracing.com>
<awrracing@sbcglobal.net>

OK thx for the tip, but I think it will be easier for me to order new remplacements brackets / bushings from Progress

Brian MP5T said:
Yes and they will SUCK again...

I just called the quebec detailler for AWR and he said that the brackets and bushings for the AWR bar (21.5mm) will not fit on the progress (22mm).

But a email was sent to tony@awrracing.com to see if he can do something.

THX Brian for your help. (friday)

Last edited:
Come on, 0.5 mm I'm sure you can squeeze it in there.. That's like the thickness of 1 sheet of paper.

Waltz said:
I just called the quebec detailler for AWR and he said that the brackets and bushings for the AWR bar (21.5mm) will not fit on the progress (22mm).

I was just gonna tell you that...

Waltz said:

All you would have to do to make them fit is open the hole for the bar to 22 mm ,you can use sand paper to do that

Brian MP5T said:
Come on, 0.5 mm I'm sure you can squeeze it in there.. That's like the thickness of 1 sheet of paper.

Actually 5 sheets of paper....Basic paper is 0.10mm thick...

I would think you could easily sand away .25mm from the inside of the bushing.

ProtoType5 said:
Actually 5 sheets of paper....Basic paper is 0.10mm thick...

I would think you could easily sand away .25mm from the inside of the bushing.

OMFG We found the Paper NAZI...

Sand Paper FTW

s***, you made me look. Mine are completely intact like they day they went on. Glad to hear of the customer support still there for something 1 1/2 years old. +1 for progress. How can you go wrong with 7.00 for another set even if you don't have the invoice?

Back