Bad Dealer Experiences

:
2002 P5, 1978 F250
I think its about time we had a list of Dealerships that have given less than satisfactory service. This came about after reading tewkes post here.

With all of the horror stories I have read we can probably avoid these in the future if there are other dealerships in the area. This isn't a blacklist of dealerships but simply a record of bad experiences.

Canada
=====================================
MS MSP:
Erin Mills Mazda in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Details: Located here
Update: i wrote a 2 page letter to the dealer, sent by fax and mail 2 times. I have not even received a response.
I am writing to the owner/boss of the dealer next, then Mazda Canada next.
It was in regards to the clunk, stereo problems, allignment TSB etc.

California
mrpopnfresh:
Ontario Mazda
Details: They wanted me to buy the display car cuz it was the only yellow they had. They told me that it was the only yellow P5 left in So Cal and they had a $3,000 non-negotiable markup. Not to mention $3,000 more for the ugly ass rims that they decided to put on it and they weren't about to take them off!!

mypfizzle:
Florin Road Mazda
Details: Took car for oil change. Got oil changed, Greesy footprint inside the car. Took the car home and parked it. Came out in the morning to a pool of oil. Aparantly the Technician did not put the drain plug all the way back in. Dealer did tow the car but did not offer me a loaner car. When asked for a loaner i was told they did not participate in that program. I asked them what they would do to compensate me for my time lost and they offered me a free oil change.. and the refilled my oil and didnt charge me for it.. how nice of them.

melicha8:
Roseville Mazda Subaru
and Great Valley Mazda in Sacramento

Details: They both want insane amounts for their cars and aren't willing to bargain very much unless you plan on leasing or have the money to buy that day.

Illinois
Dexter:
The Autobarn, in Countryside Illinois
Details: Brought in car for subwoofer replacement. Technicians made bogus claims that the dash wiring had been tampered with. After telling them that I had personally installed my turbo timer, they said I was "playing" with the car, and that they essentially did not want to "waste thier technicians time" trying to prove that the turbo timer installion had nothing to do with the subwoofer blowing. Exact quote from the technician: "We don't want to waste 3 hours to strip the car down to find out that your wiring blew something out."

Michigan
tewkes:
Sterling Mazda, in Sterling Heights Michigan
Details: Took car for joyride and refused oil change because of intake and "clunk".

Texas
ELEmental59437:
Big Billy Barrett, in Dallas Texas
Details: Car smells like cigarette smoke after oil changes. Nothing big, but annoying.

ELEmental59437:
Town North Mazda, Richardson Texas
Details: Dealer disconnected tach and neutral trigger wire of alarm for no reason because it "confused the computer". Car would have started in gear and kept starting after running. Refused TSB on clutch chatter even after proof.

Last edited:
Illinois
Dexter:
The Autobarn, in Countryside Illinois
Details: Brought in car for subwoofer replacement. Technicians made bogus claims that the dash wiring had been tampered with. After telling them that I had personally installed my turbo timer, they said I was "playing" with the car, and that they essentially did not want to "waste thier technicians time" trying to prove that the turbo timer installion had nothing to do with the subwoofer blowing. Exact quote from the technician: "We don't want to waste 3 hours to strip the car down to find out that your wiring blew something out."

heh*

California
mypfizzle
Florin Road Mazda
Complaint : Took car for oil change. Got oil changed, Greesy footprint inside the car. Took the car home and parked it. Came out in the morning to a pool of oil. Aparantly the Technician did not put the drain plug all the way back in. Dealer did tow the car but did not offer me a loaner car. When asked for a loaner i was told they did not participate in that program. I asked them what they would do to compensate me for my time lost and they offered me a free oil change.. and the refilled my oil and didnt charge me for it.. how nice of them

Roseville Mazda Subaru and Great Valley Mazda in Sacramento
They both want insane amounts for their cars and aren't willing to bargain very much unless you plan on leasing or have the money to buy that day.

Erin Mills Mazda in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

I had a post on them months ago titled bad first dealer experience. How do i link it to here ??

As an update, i wrote a 2 page letter to the dealer, sent by fax and mail 2 times. I have not even received a response.

I am writing to the owner/boss of the dealer next, then Mazda Canada next.

It was in regards to the clunk, stereo problems, allignment TSB etc.

hey sorry ELEmental, kinda off topic.

Is there a dealer in the Dfw area that you recomend? Town North mazda is what i usually go to check out the ridesbc its near where i live.

For buying just go to wherever is cheaper. For service JDM Sam has said that El Dorado Mazda is good for service. Here is a quote from him:

JDM Sam said:
I can recommend El Dorado Service Dept. for all DFW MSPers.
Ask for these 2 guys
972-569-0184
Service Advisor: Greg Mitchell
Master Tech: Johnny Breedlove

Add Ontario Mazda here in So Cal to the list. They wanted me to buy the display car cuz it was the only yellow they had. They told me that it was the only yellow P5 left in So Cal and they had a $3,000 non-negotiable markup. Not to mention $3,000 more for the ugly ass rims that they decided to put on it and they weren't about to take them off!!

Back