B-Spec ECU flash.

The 2 has a built in immobilizer that prevents the engine from being started without the right key being inserted into the lock cylinder. Which is why any new keys/fobs need to be "programmed" to your car before they will work. So what Derrick is saying is that with the anti-theft disabled by the ecu flash, your car can be hot wired and stolen.

And there is a constant flashing red light (which is hidden by electrical tape in our car) which is constantly complaining at you.

-Derrick

The 2 has a built in immobilizer that prevents the engine from being started without the right key being inserted into the lock cylinder. Which is why any new keys/fobs need to be "programmed" to your car before they will work. So what Derrick is saying is that with the anti-theft disabled by the ecu flash, your car can be hot wired and stolen.

And there is a constant flashing red light (which is hidden by electrical tape in our car) which is constantly complaining at you.

-Derrick

I figure it permanently disables the traction and stability as well, I would think.

Not with my Reflash.

Andres

Mazda's reflash causes a blinking light on the dash? That's lame. Won't keep me from getting it though, haha. I'd just pull the bulb.

Mazda's reflash causes a blinking light on the dash? That's lame. Won't keep me from getting it though, haha. I'd just pull the bulb.

I think it is the parts was for racing so it wasnt too big of a concern for them.

-Derrick

I really dont see this being a good flash for a street car. I would rather have the DT tune or the one Andres has. These tunes are built around b-spec racing and whatever rule set they have. Also the DT tune can be done without having to ship your ECU. DT will send you the tools needed to do the flash yourself :)

I really dont see this being a good flash for a street car. I would rather have the DT tune or the one Andres has. These tunes are built around b-spec racing and whatever rule set they have. Also the DT tune can be done without having to ship your ECU. DT will send you the tools needed to do the flash yourself :)

Have they started doing that yet? I knew they were looking into it but didn't think they'd started it yet.

Give him a call :) best way to reach him.
Actually yes, the more people that call them the higher priority it will be to get this project completed for them.

I have personally called every 3-4 weeks since May and I keep getting the same response.... "Yes we are working on it... No, it is not quite done yet, maybe in a few weeks..." (toetap)

Since I am not in a big hurry and I like the idea of collecting data and basing a tune on a datalog, all over email, I am willing to wait. Otherwise I probably would have gone with the re-flash that Andres went with since he seems to be having good luck with his.

The more people that call Dynotronics the sooner they will put the time into finishing the product.

Custom tunes are normally better as well. The spec tune is really that, something which will work on all of the cars.

-Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Is Corksport working on a Tune for the SRI intake and exhaust?

Hint..... Hint.....

John

How do you get a hold of the mazda's ecu flash?

The only way to get it currently would be through the Mazdaspeed Motorsports guys and you need to be racing your car. Someone who just Autocrosses should call up and see if they would do it for you.

-Derrick

I'm pretty sure as long as you're in the motorsport program it shouldn't be an issue. Just two autocrosses in a year is all you need. The only time I actually made an order they were so backed up on the membership info, when I called up they just went ahead and put the order through (a msm cam for my last nb). Lately they keep sending me emails even after I update my info.

I'm pretty sure as long as you're in the motorsport program it shouldn't be an issue. Just two autocrosses in a year is all you need. The only time I actually made an order they were so backed up on the membership info, when I called up they just went ahead and put the order through (a msm cam for my last nb). Lately they keep sending me emails even after I update my info.

It would be weird if I asked them about it, you should see what they say.

-Derrick

Back