b pillar squeak anyone else w/ this?

theweev

:
Mazda5 GT. Black
I have an annoying squeak. It's @ the B pillars on both sides.right behind my ear. I figured out that the little rubber guide on the rear doors where they mount in on the B pillar squeak @ low temps.It's been 3C here for the last little while. Happens over low speed bumps and on higher speed hits as well. I found that if i heated them up the problem would go a way for a while. can't wait till summer. anyone else w/ this?

No squeaks here. Just having to remind the kids to push the seat belt latches up high enough so that I don't get a constant drum beat behind me from the second row any time I go over an imperfect road.

problem solved. a little white grease on the upper and lower guides and and it's been quiet ever since.

Sorry...I drive a Neon. I'm used to all sorts of noises. Especially with Coilovers, front and rear strut bars, and front and rear sway bars. The Mazda is QUIET by comparison.

dommo_g said:
Sorry...I drive a Neon. I'm used to all sorts of noises. Especially with Coilovers, front and rear strut bars, and front and rear sway bars. The Mazda is QUIET by comparison.
WHAT I did'nt hear you?!! trade ya for my 92 jetta. ;) the 5 is real quiet but that just makes any squek that much more noticable.

Back