Awesome Carputer Integration

A few buddies of mine did car puters a few years ago for an audio option not to mention the intergration possibilities.

Give the carmakers a few more years to get this stuff sorted out, and your going to see some amazing things happen in car electronics :)

I think automakers are holding off b/c of the added headache of support and service needed for intergrated carputers. Although it will come some day :)

I think automakers are holding off b/c of the added headache of support and service needed for intergrated carputers. Although it will come some day :)

Wow, can you imagine an MS3 "Microsoft Edition" Well, they already have some integration with Ford cars, right?

If the lawyers could get around having people surf the web while you drive, it could be an interesting way to keep busy (with two people in the car and the passenger(s) are the ones using the web) on long trips. GPS would be somewhat obsolete though since you could Google Maps or something to plot out your location.

If that sort of thing came out for the masses, I imagine that for a while it would only turn on when parked or something. BMW offers web browsing when parked already.

Oh, and cool setup Linux :) The lighting is a nice touch. Any issues that you have run into after using it for a while? Anything you would have done differently?

And please don't say, "yeah, I would have used a Mac" ;)

Yeah, I want to get a Transreflective screen that is direct sunlight-readable, and bondo it into the dash.

A Linux based computer in my car? That would top off my lifestyle of open computing. Linux should be on every embedded device/computer.

I heart Linux.

Pretty cool set up.

Make sure you guys take a peek in the Gallery tab too. (nana)(shady)(naughty)

A Linux based computer in my car? That would top off my lifestyle of open computing. Linux should be on every embedded device/computer.

I heart Linux.

I love Linux as well. I started there, but I do strictly HP-UX now at work.

Back