Breaking sound coming from below 2023 CX-5

I drive a CX5 2023. While driving down from a pavement, I noticed a sharp breaking sound coming under the car. Video is attached (Check time stamp 15 to 20 seconds).

The service advisor checked the suspension and its components and everything seems fine. This only happens in irregular surfaces and when the tire contacts irregularly. Please share your thoughts.

First thought, maybe get a can of silicone spray and spray all the rubber bushings on the control arm and sway bar. Heard a knock around the 19 mark, is that what you're talking about?

Yes exactly. The service advisor told me that he has checked the bushing as well. I could feel the knock sound on the car floor, under my feet.

I drive a CX5 2023. While driving down from a pavement, I noticed a sharp breaking sound coming under the car. Video is attached (Check time stamp 15 to 20 seconds)

The service advisor checked the suspension and its components and everything seems fine. This only happens in irregular surfaces and when the tire contacts irregularly. Please share your thoughts.
View attachment 324218
Sounds like my 2014 when the front suspension cross-bar brace bolts loosened up. I dunno if the 2023's have anything like that though.

All I had to do was tighten those bolts back to spec.

If dealer checked everything else, like sway bar links, tie rod, control arm, etc. then It sounds like the front strut support mount, I would take a look at that.

I have the same exact issue/noise, see this link for my noise (2018 CX-5): LINK

I believe the solution might be THIS (see 2nd page for the fix). I have not yet taken my car to mechanic yet but I will be trying this fix to see if it works.

Back