Avoid- Pirelli P-Zero Nero All Season

I got these tires on my MS6. It's snowed a few times this week. Now I'm not talking inches of snow here, just a little on the road, just enough to cover it.
These tires are crap. I never expected them to be good in the Winter. I have dedicated rims/winter tires that are going on this weekend.

But for anyone else considering these tires, thinking you can get by on Winter roads with them...forget it. Death trap. Not as bad as the OEM tires, but bad enough. Can't stop, can't turn, have to crawl everywhere. thankfully the AWD does well getting up hills, but other then that...AVOID.

A couple of local guys are running that tire in a 225/40/18 and so far they're extremely happy with it! I'm surprised to hear such a bad experience.

I got these tires on my MS6. It's snowed a few times this week. Now I'm not talking inches of snow here, just a little on the road, just enough to cover it.
These tires are crap. I never expected them to be good in the Winter. I have dedicated rims/winter tires that are going on this weekend.

But for anyone else considering these tires, thinking you can get by on Winter roads with them...forget it. Death trap. Not as bad as the OEM tires, but bad enough. Can't stop, can't turn, have to crawl everywhere. thankfully the AWD does well getting up hills, but other then that...AVOID.

maybe u got a bad set, those tires are excellent i know 3 people who have them they say there great! (shrug)

I can't speak of their snow performance, but it's in the 20's here and they seem to grip OK. I wouldn't go road racing with them in these temps, but they seem fine for the street.

I've got these as well, so far I've hit squalls and ice with them and had no problems. Don't expect to go heavy throttle into a blizzard with these on and have no problems. Driving in snow is part driver, part equipment.

How many miles are on the tires and whats the date code on them say? I have these tires in 225/40 with a couple thousand miles on them and think they perform great in the wet or light snow.

Its been between 18-36 degrees the past couple weeks with some accumulation of snow and slush, i go off the line and stop just great, dont slide around corners and i've tried hand brake turns and panic stops and hardly slide at all the car just stops. I would recommend these tires.

aside from some issues i'm having with these at the moment unrelated to snow traction.

I did run these tires for ~25,000 miles on my Subaru and they were fantastic dry/wet/snow.

I have these on my 6 and they're extremely noisy after only 19K miles. Also drove them in half inch of snow last week and they were pretty bad..

I have no issues with these tires for summer use.

But forget it for winter.

And for those that can't read, I do have winter tires. Dunlops....much better, and strangely, much quieter then the pirelli's.

MY P Zero's have about 4000kms on them if that.

Temps around here have been around the 0 mark, -3 a few days, most days around +5 C

I've got these as well, so far I've hit squalls and ice with them and had no problems. Don't expect to go heavy throttle into a blizzard with these on and have no problems. Driving in snow is part driver, part equipment.

I got around ok, but I'd never let the woman take the car. And remember where I live. We get "winter" up here, not a few days of snow here and there. I get 14' snow banks from Jan-March. Given I have about 17 years of Driving in real Winters, I have more faith in my Winter Driving skills then most drivers that might live in "warmer climates".

The tires I have are not good in snow. You can get around, but I can tell in a emergency situation they would be death. If you think they are, you just haven't tried good winter tires maybe, I dont' know, but my pirelli's will never see snow again.

I went from a set of Blizzak LM-25s on my Protege to the Potenzas for the MS6. After they wore out, I went to the Pirellis and have been happy with their performance so far. I recently drove a friends MS3 with Yoko YK520s on it and would take these over them any day of the week, these are a much more solid tire overall.

Comparing these to a winter tire is an apples to oranges kinda deal. I couldn't afford the winter tires at the time and for the 'winters' we get here, I'll make do with these. If we get hammered again and I'm stuck once (which shouldn't happen) I will shell out the extra and get the dedicated winters, either Dunlops or Blizzaks again, and be done with it.

Newf, you do get a true winter, where we get bits and pieces here in MI.

Steve, I know this has been discussed a lot in our random thread.

Our winters have recently been light, I can't argue that. But the reality is, we get a lot of freezing roads and unsuspecting ice conditions. I'd rather be 100% prepared for the worst. The weather is so completely random and without warning, so I wanted to make sure I had the best to make sure I could be less stressed out. I went through hell driving in storms with the wrong tires. Extremely tiring. I didn't want to take any chances with the MS3, so I sprung for the winter tires.

I know you and I see eye-to-eye on a lot. I think those Pirelli's are great for what its worth. And I agree, it's comparing apples-to-oranges. I'd still say your car would be unstoppable with a good set of winters (preferrably my Dunlops, I'm in love with them). Maybe next time around.

got the p zero's and i love them havent had any trouble with them at all other than a bubble on the front right probably from a pot hole or something

just drove for 3 hours in the mountains during North NJ's snow going on right now and on rt 208 and rt 287. i have the Pzeros AAA rating and there was no car or suv or jeep that could keep up with me (only going 40) there were at least 30! BMW X5s in the right lane going 15 mph with their blinkers on. i'm not saying i didnt lose traction, but instantaneous regaining of traction was acheived by moderating throttle and downshifts, and using no brakes the entire trip.

I got my speed6 in November. I got the Nero M+S put on literally the day the first snow fell. I haven't had a single problem with them. I would most certainly recommend them again.

Just got them myself and they are not sticky at all, at speeds of 80-90 the car feels unstable, and getting on and off ramps are not as much fun as when I had on the bridgestone. And I live in South Florida, if you guys are having trouble in the snow and I am not liking it in 70* weather, then personally I don't think it's that good of a tire.

The better question is why would you expect an all season M+S tire to perform like a dedicated summer tire in 70+ weather? Its unrealistic to expect the same performance out of an all-season tire. We have 10" of snow here and I had no trouble whatsoever.

Back