Avenge Cosmo

Berty,
I'd be interested in the more specific info if you have it to hand. Mine is non-sequential but has been completed poor mans style. I know of the FD guides, did you have more specifics for the Cosmo? I will *eventually* go single but would like to clean up and simplify as much as possible.

I'll gather the resources and make a new thread just dedicated to it.

Thanks guys - particularly Berty for taking the trouble to provide some good advice. Berty much like you I don't want to do my build using debt - however I am not as talented as you at working on my own stuff so I feel like I have the skill-set to do a non sequential mod. I have had a good read over your thread but will take the time to read through your beasts build from day one. I have priced up a single turbo and manual gearbox conversion - I am looking at between 10-15k NZD which includes upgrading the fuel system and intercooler to much a high flowing unit. I would have probably started this conversion but with a pending job change in January I may have to just put a cover over her for the next 12-months.

Cheers,
Jake

Hi all,

Quick 2013 update - sold the 20x11s and got some Work XD9s in 18x9 +30 all round. I was fed up with not being able to get full lock. I think it looks much more purposeful with the works and no rubbage is definitely reignited my love for the cosmo. I have also decided to go a different route with my motor plans - I have decided (in a salute to the white fukuyama cosmo) to go NA Peripheral Port with an injected triple throttle body setup. Its primarily going to be a street car- so we will use an FD manual gear box. I will update as the build progresses. Happy new year fellow JC enthusiasts (drinks)

workxd09s2.jpg

Thats, .................................. very nice!
and as for the 18's - thats where most of the Cosmo guys over here are headed - anything bigger makes the car look pretty but is a pain in the arse!!!!!

Kramer

Back