Avarela86's MP3

I WILLL.... I just redid my ENTIRE garage and got some new toys in there too. I will post pics of everything soon. Just that it's dark out and I didn't have time to take pics.

I WILLL.... I just redid my ENTIRE garage and got some new toys in there too. I will post pics of everything soon. Just that it's dark out and I didn't have time to take pics.

we need some new pics to lust after! Any interior pics? (alright)

we need some new pics to lust after! Any interior pics? (alright)

Actually got no pics...ill try to snap some although the interior is pretty dull. NO CF/NO aftermarket seats/ just two simple gauges Wideband and Boost. When it comes to gauges im a firm believer in not having a junk load and then feel like im in a plane. I have a MOMO leather shift boot/Kartboy SS and shift knob and a MOMO handbrake with MOMO leather boot. Honestly nothing exciting until you actually step on the gas. Good times occur VERY quickly after that. I'll take a vid or something.

On a side note car is running AWESOME...Injectors are maxed out now at 9PSI but with some tuning/440 inj/ and adjustment of the cam gears I should be able to get in the 240WHP window in the stock block. I may be doing a dyno in the near future and when that's up you guys can start to drool again. 115k+ miles and still running strong as hell.

Just wanted to make the comment that my car has been maintained mostly by me and TBK Performance. Car has been ripped on EVERY-SINGLE-DAY. 7k Redline average of 30 times a day and she still hasn't blown. Can't say the same about the weak tranny but that's a sunk cost. As for the motor holding out much longer who knows....Maybe shell blow maybe she wont. I'm betting on, not anytime soon.

117k miles and still pulling strong....Keep hating. You know who you are. I'm still a happy camper. :)

Some before and after shots. Definitely made a big difference. NO brake fade for street driving. Did a few stops from high speed and didn't feel the brake fade I used to on the old setup. I also went ahead and redid the rear brakes to match the front. Used to have the yellow now all black. Slowly she's starting to look prettier, black and blue, like some bad bruises. (naughty)

ENJOY!

Did you source the calipers + rotors your self or you got them as a kit together ??
How much bigger are the pads from the MSP stocker ones ??
I was thinking of putting together a BBK of WilWood but since you got one in what braked did you use .

update!!!

Car was Dynoed last night with Manuel of TBK Performance as the tuner as always. We went in and had an initial 231WHP with a drive around tune done a while back after I upped the boost. We went in to tune the fuel and my Adj. Cam gears. Without cam adjustment we made 246 WHP. After all was said and done the final numbers were 253WHP and 239WTQ at JUST 9PSI, I will post the dyno later of course along with a vid of a VERY HAPPY customer. :)

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i25.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/avarela86/MVI_0066.flv">

Enjoy!!
IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

PS-this may be my next turbo...NOT! I'd have to wait the weekend for it to spool up.
IMG_0067.JPG

Last edited:
congrats. was this without your intercooler sprayer? any vids?

Yeah that sprayer has been a show piece for the longest time. Wanna buy it? I haven't bothered to fill the bottle in over a year I wanna say. So no it was all motor/turbo. Vids to come as I had an issue with my moms comp. Just re=built mine today for the third tome this month.

Yeah that sprayer has been a show piece for the longest time. Wanna buy it? I haven't bothered to fill the bottle in over a year I wanna say. So no it was all motor/turbo. Vids to come as I had an issue with my moms comp. Just re=built mine today for the third tome this month.

very nice. haha im good for now. sweet, long as you did actually get vids. just curious, get any kind of lope with the jdm intake cam?

very nice. haha im good for now. sweet, long as you did actually get vids. just curious, get any kind of lope with the jdm intake cam?

LOPE?? What's that. I feel stupid now. I thought I had almost everything covered. Please inform me i guess.

PS-VID of the 253HP pull is up above and in the first page. ENJOY!!

Last edited:
Another update from a few weeks ago...Just an idea I got since I had a minute at a good buddies house. If I can find a set(my buddy wants to keep his) in fabric and manual I would really be down to install these.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 161
The car sounds mean as hell Fredo, what did you guys set the timing to when you adjusted the cam gears?
Those RX8 seats looks real good, I want a set you've seen how bad my seats are lol

LOPE?? What's that. I feel stupid now. I thought I had almost everything covered. Please inform me i guess.

PS-VID of the 253HP pull is up above and in the first page. ENJOY!!

lol any brap brap? ive always thought itd be cool to hear a cam'd out protege.

No traction issues yet. It's brakes a little loose if there's an imperfection in the road but it's mostly since my tires have really low tread. Third gear is SOOO much fun though. Can't see it holding up too long though.

Back