(attn) clutch issues.

iBoost

:
mazdaspeed3
so i was having fun in my ms3 the other day and decided i wanted to drop the clutch at ~5k rpm already from a 20mph roll. wasnt such a good idea, it missed and then wouldnt shift at all for about a minute. like i've been told i've got my clutch "glazed"? has anyone experienced that before?
since that "stupidity", the car wont pull as hard in 1st or 2nd... (hand)
should i look into getting an aftermarket clutch? (dunno)
p.s. could it be that i just need to adjust the clutch?
(help)

What you have just described...Makes not a bit of sense at all.
If your having clutch issues....It would likely be slipping..is it?

dropping the clutch would most likely not glaze it anyway. Slipping the clutch out while revving will glaze it.

so i was having fun in my ms3 the other day and decided i wanted to drop the clutch at ~5k rpm already from a 20mph roll. wasnt such a good idea, it missed and then wouldnt shift at all for about a minute. like i've been told i've got my clutch "glazed"? has anyone experienced that before?
since that "stupidity", the car wont pull as hard in 1st or 2nd... (hand)
should i look into getting an aftermarket clutch? (dunno)
p.s. could it be that i just need to adjust the clutch?
(help)

How could it 'miss'? What gear were you in when you 'dropped' the clutch?
I'm with the other poster here, what you typed above doesn't quite make sense.

how "dropping the clutch in 2nd gear" doesnt make any sence lol.
1. driving in 2nd gear.
2. pushing the clutch in and revving up to 5K rpm.
3. letting the clutch out and punching the gas.
thats as simple as i can explain it for you.

take it to the dealership....and be prepared to hear the words "Abused....not covered by warranty."

FYI - a new clutch is $1,100 for parts & labor.

if u have low miles still....take it to the dealer.........my service rep told me theres a plan that comes with the car since its stick shift for the fiorst 12500 miles the clutch and tranny syncro etc are warrantied and would not be considered user abuse.

if u have low miles still....take it to the dealer.........my service rep told me theres a plan that comes with the car since its stick shift for the fiorst 12500 miles the clutch and tranny syncro etc are warrantied and would not be considered user abuse.

when that happened a week ago i had like 1,500 miles lol

your clutch was probably so hot thats why you could't shift for a minute till it cooled down. Why did you do that anyway?

i had a simliar problem in my ms6, except i think i did glaze my clutch. was at the track and slipped the clutch at 3500 rpm and it reved up high then through the next 2 gears just felt like it kept slipping and reving high. and then came the dreaded smell of burnt clutch. the smell was pretty strong for about 4 days afterwards and it is still noticable now 2 weeks later when the car is shut off. the only thing is the clutch operates fine and all gears work normally i just ge the smell. i asked some of the ms6 guys but they didn't know. anyone elses take?

i had a simliar problem in my ms6, except i think i did glaze my clutch. was at the track and slipped the clutch at 3500 rpm and it reved up high then through the next 2 gears just felt like it kept slipping and reving high. and then came the dreaded smell of burnt clutch. the smell was pretty strong for about 4 days afterwards and it is still noticable now 2 weeks later when the car is shut off. the only thing is the clutch operates fine and all gears work normally i just ge the smell. i asked some of the ms6 guys but they didn't know. anyone elses take?

finally someone gets what i'm saying lol. i've got exact same problem... except its not as spunky off the line as it used to be.. 1,2 or 3rd gear. (sad1)

when that happened a week ago i had like 1,500 miles lol
he said 12,500
you said 1,500

should be covered under what he said, go to the dealer. I also wouldnt disclose exactly how it happened, but it should be covered anyway if that 12,500 warranty holds true.

he said 12,500
you said 1,500

should be covered under what he said, go to the dealer. I also wouldnt disclose exactly how it happened, but it should be covered anyway if that 12,500 warranty holds true.

hopefully it does. (bow) gonna go on wensday morning.
p.s. also i was there just a few days ago getting an oil change and they said that they have some new program for ms3's cpu and if i'll bring it in, they can reprogram (i guess) my cpu and like they said ("it will make your car more responsive in acceleration")... dunno how true that is either..?

Back