Attention to all Black MS3 owners

niz55

Hey guys i have a 2008 ms3. It is black. For some reason my Paint on the back doors and quarter panel has orange peels. I got it brand new with 2 miles. Does anyone with the black color has the same issue?

Many manuf. intentionally put limited orange peel on factory cars now adays...You can see factory orange peel on mercedes and lexus vehicles as well....however if you notice, it's consistent throughout the panel, or even car...not necessarily a bad paint job. i read somewhere they do it to decrease the visibility of dings and other imperfections, not sure how true that is....but a lot can affect how the paint sprays...temp, humidity etc.
-------
although I don't think they used much paint as I already have a stone chip on the fender and some fine scratches as well, which i'll buff out. Being an adjuster, I see all kinds of different paint finsihes, this one does seem for lack of better word "cheap".

someone once told me that its something to do with epa regs on the number of times the manufacturer can spray a car because of overspray polluting the air and what not

but that doesn't make sense since they're built in japan

someone once told me that its something to do with epa regs on the number of times the manufacturer can spray a car because of overspray polluting the air and what not

but that doesn't make sense since they're built in japan

prolly the closest thing to truth(strike)

In this case I would think its BOTH a combination of regs as to what can/cant go in the paint and cost savings.... seems like all cars these days come with orange peel out of factory.. so long as its even throught the panel/car it prob wont be an issue - I do agree the paint job is one area where Mazda kept costs low

I think it was done for weight reduction. they should put it on the window sticker "now with lightweight paint.... shaves .15 sec off the 1/4 mile!!"

or maybe its to give the srt4 owners something to b**** about....

ms3: HAHA- no power windows in the back AND a bad interior!!
srt4: Oh yeah, well your paint's thin
ms3: (cry)

wow.... hangovers and posting (friday)

I think it was done for weight reduction. they should put it on the window sticker "now with lightweight paint.... shaves .15 sec off the 1/4 mile!!"

or maybe its to give the srt4 owners something to b**** about....

ms3: HAHA- no power windows in the back AND a bad interior!!
srt4: Oh yeah, well your paint's thin
ms3: (cry)

wow.... hangovers and posting (friday)

LOL interesting.

Mine has a bit of orange peel. It is just regular factory paint. Almost all of the newer cars have it. I think my 01 Corolla had it too.

its done in the factory due to the application process. nothing to worry about most of it is in the color coat so waxing wont get rid of all of it. It is to hide blemishes and what not on the cars. lexus is bad with it but its intentional.

for you guys who think new mazda paint is bad.....go buy a 06+ honda. it's worse, trust me.

this coming from a life long honda guy.

This paint job if far from bad, coming from an 06 Cobalt SS trust me this is way better than gm' s*** they call paint. I farted by the cobalts quarter panel and swirl marks came up..... and you should see my girls scion. Wow that paint job sucks too. I guess you really dont know what you have until you buy another (ghey)er car.

Funny, the paint job on my '03 Ranger is rich, deep and really well applied.. Looking at the new Rangers, I see no difference. It looks well applied, and covers very nicely and performs well also. Even in areas that you wouldn't think so like the bed.

Back