Apple Nano or iTouch w/ CX-5

ODIE3

:
Mazda CX-5, 2015, Grand Touring, Bose/Nav
Hi,

So I am a bit tired of how my iPhone 5s currently works (and I am fearful of when my iPhone 6 Plus shows up it will be worse). Any body have feedback on the Nano or iTouch? Ir perhaps I should find a used iPod Classic?

Of all of them, I think the iPod classic is the worst. It will have the same symptoms as the iOS variations, and every now and then it starts playing loud white noise for no particular reason.

boo but thanks for the headsup. you know, I just rented a VW this last week and it had zero problems with my 5s iPhone. I had my plates put on this morning and service tried to tell me that "Apple has not released to Mazda the proper data to connect to the iPhone". Whatever I said to them, my 2011 Mustang (MS Sync), Chevy Camaro (rental), VW Passat (rental), Nissan Sentra (rental) and others I cannot remember that I have rented seem to get information from Apple just fine...

Of all of them, I think the iPod classic is the worst. It will have the same symptoms as the iOS variations, and every now and then it starts playing loud white noise for no particular reason.

The iPod Nano works perfectly on my 2013 CX-5. I'm not sure how Mazda screwed this up so badly on later models.

I have an iPod Classic and tried it on my new 2015 CX5. It could not work worse if Mazda had tried to make it work bad

First, it takes 4 min and 30 sec to load. Then it always starts at the first song. It does not show any playlists. Pressing the button to advance the song can sometimes take 30 seconds to react. It doesn't shuffle consistently. Sometimes it plays one song and displays another title.

So I'm forced to stick with my iPhone 6 plus. It has its problems, but not as many as the iPod.

I'm currently using an iPod Nano 6th gen (square) in my 2014 CX-5 Touring.. Takes about a minute to load, only have about 1.5gb worth of music on it I believe. It takes about the same time as if I was to use any USB flash drive.

I use a Nano (4th or 5th Gen) on my 2015 Cx5 with no problems. However, unless you have the nano set for Random play, it will always start on the first song alphabetically after a power off. A bit aggravating, but inherent with the Nano, not the Cx5.

I have an iPod touch in my 2013 CX-5, connected at all times to the USB port in the center console. It works perfectly. No issues at all. Music starts after maybe 15 seconds. Restarts where it left off when set to random or if going in order of the play list. I never touch the iPod unless I take it out of the car to add more music.

I have an iPod touch in my 2013 CX-5
Right.. Mazda created all kinds of USB related bugs in the 2014 model year (and those issues still exist in the 2015 model year.) Being the original poster has a 2015 grand touring, and you have a 2013, you might as well be comparing a Mazda CX-5 with a Ford F-150. Even if you have the upgraded audio unit, they are different units.

Back