Anyones 2010 "BOGGING" with intake? Mine is... (HELP?)

Hi everyone,

I have 6K miles on my 2010. I have a corksport intake and its the only mod Ive done that would possibly cause this. Ive been using the intake for months with no problems. Recently the car will randomly bog (totally cut out all accelerating power 100%) and it will kick in and out a few times then happen again the next day... NO CEL LIGHT ON...

I found this video on youtube of someone having the same issue as I am... Please take a look and let me know what you think.... Im pretty pissed that I will have to spend a few hours to put my stock intake back in to go back to the dealer and have warranty work done if this isnt a quick fix.... (gah)

Thoughts?

YouTube - My Car Bogging/Misfiring

We have only had people call with this problem due to a loose hose clamp or if the air straightener has come loose, But that would have caused a CEL to come on. I would go with the disconnecting the battery as a first option. disconnect it for about 10mins and that should clear it out.

I have the AEM CAI and I only notice a tad bit of bogging when the A/C is on. I never notice it with the A/C off.

I went back to stock and it drives fine now. No more bogging AND NO MORE ANNOYING WOOOOOOSH noise which was cool for a day or two. I actually think the car accelerated smoother now than with the intake on it.

There was nothing kinked, loose or out of place with the corksport intake. I inspected it thoroughly. Oh well.

No, i have their TIP, and the exact setup as the corksport intake except i used the MAF from the stock airbox, but i used a 45 degree silicone coupler and their filter like their actual intake and no issues here. idk what was wrong with darkspeed's but i don't believe it was the CS intake. havn't heard of any other issues with the intake.

Hi,
The car does this because of a very big rich spot.

This is because of the intake.

You get rid of your problem, please put your stock intake back on or get a custom tune!

Back