Anyone with Michelin CC2 or Falken Wildpeak tires get less mpg or excessive road noise?

I keep seeing these tires being recommended for my 2021 Signature and have been concerned about road noise and loss of mpg's.
Can anyone chime in on this?

Didn’t lose any mpgs on my ‘13 with 17” wheels. Had them on for 30k miles and no complaints. Quiet and had great wet road peformance. I don’t think they’re worth it though unless you have frequent heavy rain or occasional to regular snow.

Went to down to 8x18" wheels with 235 Falken Wildpeaks on my '19 GT-R and mileage is the same at 24-25 mpg. Maybe a little more noise than the stock Toyos, but not intrusive, but amazing snow, wet, dry and gravel road performance.

Why is the Toyo hated by so many- They are quiet and after 20K minimal wear ... ? I dont drive my NA aggressively- the 22 and 23 both had/have them --so I suppose Im going to need to upgrade at some point - it will be a few years -

Why is the Toyo hated by so many- They are quiet and after 20K minimal wear ... ? I dont drive my NA aggressively- the 22 and 23 both had/have them --so I suppose Im going to need to upgrade at some point - it will be a few years -
I wouldn’t say hated. They are way overpriced vs the competition though. Check out what they cost relative to other tires, and youll see that you can get a better tire for the money: sound, wet weather performance, etc.

Super loud and poor traction. I couldn't wait to dump them at ~15k miles with tons of tread left on them.
Im going with the Bridgestone Weatherpeak - Its a bit more than the Michelin CC2s but with a Firestone credit card it drops the overall cost quite a bit and on My GT 3 the Bridgestone Turanza Serinity + tires have been reliable all the way around, super low RR , they were the quietest tire made that year //I think 2018 and they are still holding up well . Could be a totally different animal , but that credit card always keeps me in Bridgestones ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Toyo's on my car have been loud as hell since about 15K miles.
Sounds like I'm driving an old Jeep with mudders.

Costco is running a fairly good deal on Michelin tires. $100 off purchase of $900 or more, 5 year road hazard and installation included in price. Never been a Costco member but I am now. Ordered the CrossClimate2's for our '21 RAV4 Hybrid and getting them installed in a couple of weeks.

I've had Michelin CC2 for a year and a half now. The noise increase with time which I think it's normal, tire wear over time, but I am happy with their performance, especially in rainy conditions and I am willing to trade some noise for extra safety. I will order this tire in the future, for sure.

Back