Anyone with a 2017 or 2018 white pearl mica?

STLpilot

:
2017 CX5 GT FWD
We just picked up a new 2017 CX5 in SNOWFLAKE WHITE PEARL MICA. I'm curious if any of you with that color, who had the car for a while, had any issues with the paint chipping. I've read several forums about the red color having chipping problems, but I haven't heard anything about the snowflake white pearl mica color. Please chime in either way. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Have had 3 pearl white CX-5's, a 2013, 2015, and 2016.5, put 30k each on the first 2 with no issues. Have 24k on our 2016.5, I just looked it over and could not find a chip yet.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the paint is different on the 2017s and 2018s as oppose to the previous CX5s.

I'm pretty sure the paint is different on the 2017s and 2018s as oppose to the previous CX5s.

Yes, all of mine have been the CRYSTAL WHITE PEARL MICA 34K, that have had the extra $$$ paint charge...

For 2017 they changed the white pearl name and color code to SNOWFLAKE WHITE PEARL MICA 25D.

Last edited:
Paint issues are only on 2017+ models. They used a completely different paint, and paint process on the earlier models.

Paint issues are only on 2017+ models. They used a completely different paint, and paint process on the earlier models.

I never heard of anything changing. Please share more of what you know.

I have the 2017 pearl white mica and I believe chips are less noticeable than with the Soul Red. Chips can happen on any car but the darker colors will show more of it.

The reason I asked is because I just got the car and I'm considering the clear bra solution. The clear bra isn't cheap so I'm soliciting the group's feedback about the paint issues. I've never owned a car in the past where I had to worry about the paint.

yeah i'm picking up a white model on Friday. was thinking about getting clear bra since the majority of the front is plastic so adding a bra might help or reduce chipping, but with my luck the chip would happen after the bra ends, lol. I'm also thinking of one on the back bumper so my dog doesn't accidently scratch it trying to get in the back.

2013 white pearl at 82K ish miles. The paint protection film on headlights, bumper, and hood is now 6 years old and has taken a beaten on rocks. Still, the front end looks like its 2 years old.

FYI, the there are no paint chips :) If I were to peel the film off today there's zero chips where covered.

2013 white pearl at 82K ish miles. The paint protection film on headlights, bumper, and hood is now 6 years old and has taken a beaten on rocks. Still, the front end looks like its 2 years old.

FYI, the there are no paint chips :) If I were to peel the film off today there's zero chips where covered.

CX5-um, could you send a couple of pics of your hood and front bumper?

The reason I asked is because I just got the car and I'm considering the clear bra solution. The clear bra isn't cheap so I'm soliciting the group's feedback about the paint issues. I've never owned a car in the past where I had to worry about the paint.

I think that if you are thinking about it now, and have a concern about it now, I would just go ahead and get it done so you can enjoy your ride, forever knowing that you did all that you could do.
(rei)

Just to play devils advocate...If there just so happens to be a Soul Crystal Red paint recall in the future, and you had a clearbra already installed, who would pay for the new clearbra install?

Back