Anyone replaced the rear hubs?

So my wheel bearings all seem to be going out in sequence. My right front last year, my left front a few months ago, and now I can wobble the right rear a little bit.

The fronts really suck because you have to press them out and press them back in. I don't own a press. I looked into it but I don't have room for one that would work. Also, the Napa by my work doesn't charge me if I just bring the parts in. However, they weren't able to save the hub either time which cost me $360 in new hubs. I am not saying I could have, but who knows.

Anyway, I took a look at the service manual and parts catalog and the rears come as an assembly, G14V-26-15XB. They are $123 OEM online, and are actually listed as MPV V6 rear hubs. So if I look at the parts stores like Autozone for the MPV I can find them for as low as $70 each. So first question, has anyone gone this route to save some cash and how did that work out? I like to stay OEM if it isn't too much more, but over $50 per side is a good chunk of change.

Second question is, what tool works best for removing the hub from the rear spindle? The service manual doesn't mention any SST for it, so it shouldn't be too bad, but I am sure there is a puller that would make it go a lot easier.

Back