AA/CarPlay USB Hub Aux Console questions

Carpe_Diem

CX9 Signature
Prices came down drastically for those USB hubs, now they pop up on Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba, AliExpress etc . I see them as low as $70 . My question is are there fake ones out there and how do you spot them. How do you know you get one that works or what makes them a OEM ?

For Amazon, if they show being shipped by Amazon, it's legit. The other 3 are a roll of the dice.

I got the CarLink 4.0 kit from Amazon last June, and it works perfectly in my CX9 -- connects CarPlay every time I get in..

I ordered one off eBay in January and went through the whole FW upgrade from ver. 59 to ver. 74 before plugging in the module. All worked like a charm. Paid $80 for the hub with cables.

Honestly, I picked the cheapest one I saw. Once I got it I disassembled it and looked over the circuit. As you expect, it is a USB hub and SD card reader; all the ICs made sense when I searched the datasheets. The label clearly states made in China. Take what you want from this but the OEM hub I removed from my 2016 CX-9 also says made in China.

Hello, how do I update my 2018 CX-9 GT firmware from 59. something to the newer one?

I would like to have my android auto in it, also is it true that the dealer has to update it for you?

Hello, how do I update my 2018 CX-9 GT firmware from 59. something to the newer one?

I would like to have my android auto in it, also is it true that the dealer has to update it for you?

You can do the updates yourself, but it has to be done properly or you risk bricking (breaking) the system software. Here is a post that details the update process and also includes a YouTube video for reference. Unfortunately the download link in that post has expired, but I'm sure a link is available somewhere here on the forums.

You can also do the hardware installation yourself, there are some guides on Youtube.

Back